Application Documents

  • Secondary School Diploma (middle school, high school, etc.)
  • If existing: University degree certificate / diploma or enrollment certificate (subject and grade transcripts, higher education entrance exam, academic certificate etc.)
  • "APS-Zertifikat" from the Akademische Prüfstelle (academic assessment office) for certificates from China, Mongolia and Vietnam
  • Certificate from the Zeugnisanerkennungsstelle (accreditation office for education certificates): absolutely necessary in case of IB-Diploma, if you have only provisional certificates.
  • Doctoral Studies: Letter from lecturer confirming academic supervision (German language skills necessary?)

All of these certificates, if they are not in German or English, must be translated by a sworn interpreter (who may also certify/authenticate). Certificates that have been translated and photocopied in your home country, must carry an apostille or must have been legalized by the German embassy of the respective country.

Photocopies will only be accepted if supplied with attached original or if authenticated. Authentication of documents can be carried out by:

  • local/municipal administration
  • notary public
  • other establishments able to certify documents, such as pastoral offices etc.
  • the institution that originally supplied the document