Yes we can! We will be back with Pinter in the winter semester 2021/22, and with Caryl Churchill next summer!
We have now decided what our next projects will be:
- In the second half of November, we will stage three Pinter shorts: Landscape, Night, and Family Voices, almost certainly on the stage of the
You will find more information on the Pinter plays at HaroldPinter.org. All scripts can be found in The Short Plays of Harold Pinter.
- Next year, probably some time in June, we are planning to do two short plays by Caryl Churchill: Escaped Alone and Here We Go.
We are still happy to welcome new members – actresses and actors, creatives and new members of the backstage and front of house crew. If you would like to know more about this, do mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As you are waiting for more news, do have a look at our History pages, where you will find information about previous productions. We have recently added material that dates back to the 1980s.
English Theatre in times of Covid-19 (Updated 1 June 2021)
Now that theatres, opera houses and concert halls all over the world are re-opening, this section can be kept short.
UK theatres still offer streaming services, which make it possible to watch theatre performances online. Some of these are free; for others you have to pay (for obvious reasons). For details, and an overview, check the regularly updated websites of WhatsOnStage and Get your theatre fix.
AnglistenTheater production of Amanda Whittington's Thrill of Love featured in Nick Hern Books new blog post
In 2020, Nick Hern Books published a blog post about their Most-Performed Plays of 2019. Amanda Whittington’s play The Thrill of Love made the Top 10 and, because Nick Hern liked our pictures so much, they featured a photo from the AnglistenTheater production! Take a look at the blog post here.
A new AnglistenTheater Icon
Julia Wittmann ...
... has created a magnificent new Icon for the AnglistenTheater – although it’s in fact ages since we last produced one of Shakespeare’s plays: to be precise, this was Macbeth back in 1990 (see History of the AnglistenTheater).
We are still working ...
... on ways to make this icon available on T-shirts and, perhaps, mugs, at a reasonable price.
So perhaps in 2020 ...
... when we celebrate our 40th anniversary, we’ll be able to tell you how to get hold of these.
Interested in joining us?
We always welcome new members, whether they would like to be on stage as actresses and actors, or rather join our team of creatives or the backstage and front of house crew.
If you would like to know more about this, do mail us at email@example.com
Information on the AnglistenTheater
For information on the AnglistenTheater ...
- have a look at our information leaflet ,
- or visit our facebook page,
- or join our mailing list
- by either accessing http://mailman.rz.uni-augsburg.de/mailman/listinfo/phil-anglistentheater;
- or by sending an empty email to firstname.lastname@example.org and following the instructions you will receive by email. Please note that our mailing list is operated by the Rechenzentrum of the University; subscribers will receive emails from the AnglistenTheater only; their names and email addresses will not be passed on to other providers.