Winter 2017: Diane Samuels, Kindertransport
In the Theaterkeller: Makeup and hairstyle
Diane Samuels, Kindertransport: Information
Read the emag review of the AnglistenTheater’s production of Diane Samuels’ Kindertransport.
Have a look at Ricarda Fedler’s poster and at our programme ...
... or listen to one of Josef Demling’s Kindertransport sound files.
Diane Samuels, Kindertransport
In Kindertransport, Diane Samuels deals with a little known aspect of the time leading up to World War II: When it became clear after the Pogrom Night of November 1938 how endangered Jewish lives had become in Germany, some countries organised transports on the initiative of private organisations. These brought Jewish children from Germany, Austria, Poland and Czechoslovakia to safety in Great Britain and other countries. Samuels's play explores the repercussions of these transports for the children ...
Read the full press release for the AnglistenTheater’s production of Kindertransport.
- Short biography of Diane Samuels
- Interview with Diane Samuels
- Diane Samuels, Thoughts on Kindertransport
- The author's guide to the play: search https://www.amazon.de/
- Kindertransport education pack
- Historical background: The Kindertransport Association