Dr. Linda Heß
|Telefon:||+49 821 598 - 5767|
|Adresse:||Universitätsstraße 10, 86159 Augsburg|
Sprechstunden / Office hours
Dringende Anfragen bitte per Mail. Urgent inquiries please by mail.
- und nach E-Mail-Vereinbarung / and via e-mail
- Since 04/2020 | Senior Lecturer and Post-Doctoral Researcher, Chair of American Studies, University of Augsburg, Germany
- 04/2019 – 07/2019 Visting Scholar at the Rachel Carson Center for Environment and Society in Munich, Germany
- 10/2016 – 04/ 2020 | Lecturer and Post-Doctoral Researcher, Institute of English and American Studies, Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
- 07/2016 – Ph.D. in American Studies, University of Münster, Germany
- 10/2013 – 09/2016 | Lecturer and Ph.D. Candidate, Chair of American Studies, University of Münster, Germany
- 11/2010 – 09/2013 | Lecturer and Ph.D. Candidate, Chair of American Studies, University of Augsburg, Germany
- 07/2010 Master of Arts (Magistra Artium), Major: American Studies, Minors: British Studies & French Literature, Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
- 05/2007 Bachelor of Arts, University of Jamestown, ND, USA
- Environmental Studies / Ecocriticism
- Queer Studies & Gender Studies
- Age Studies
- Popular Culture & Comedy
- Hess, Linda M. “The Aesthetics of Wonder: Networks of the Grievable in Richard Powers’ The Overstory” REAL: Yearbook of Research in English and American Literature. 35 (2019): 189-206.
- Hess, Linda M. Queer Aging in North American Fiction. New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2019.
- Hess, Linda M., Ina Batzke, Eric C. Erbacher, Corinna Lenhardt (eds). Exploring the Fantastic: Genre, Ideology, and Popular Culture. Bielefeld: Transcript, 2018.
- Hess, Linda. “‘We’re sick and tired of being dismissed by people like you’ Talking Back to Ageism in
- Grace and Frankie.” Postgraduate Journal of Women, Ageing, and Media. 4 (2018): 46-63.
- Hess. Linda. “Mapping the Ephemeral Community in Larry Kramer’s Faggots and Andrew Holleran’s
- Dancer from the Dance.” In: Space Oddities: Difference and Identity in the American City. Wien: LIT, 2018.
- Hess, Linda M. “‘My whole life I’ve been dressing up like a man’: Negotiations of Queer Aging and Queer Temporality in the TV Series Transparent.” European Journal of American Studies. 11.3 (2017). Document 2. Online since 24 January 2017.
- Hess, Linda M. “Portrait of the Father as a Gay Man: A New Story About Gay Aging in Mike Mills’s
- Beginners.” JMMLA. 47.2 (2014): 163-183.