Dr. Michal Kowalski
|Telefon:||+49 821 598-3557|
|Fax:||+49 821 598-3559|
|Adresse:||Universitätsstraße 1 a (innocube), 86159 Augsburg|
- 2013 – 2017: Silesian University of Technology, Poland, Faculty of Energy and Environmental Engineering, Specialty: Environmental Engineering, III stage (PhD studies).
- 2007 – 2012: Silesian University of Technology, Poland, Faculty of Energy and Environmental Engineering, Specialty: Environmental Biotechnology, Bachelor’s and Master’s degree.
- Since July 2020: PostDoc position at the Wissenschaftszentrum Umwelt, Universität Augsburg
- 2018 – 2020: PostDoc position at the Institute of Epidemiology, Helmholtz Zentrum München, Neuherberg, Germany
- 2013 – 2017: Junior scientist at the Department of Air Protection, Silesian University of Technology, Gliwice, Poland
- 2012 – 2013: Junior scientist at Department of Air Pollution Monitoring and Modelling, Institute of Meteorology and Water Management, Polish National Research Institute, Katowice, Poland
Scholar of DoktoRIS - Scholarship Program for Innovative Silesia, co-financed by the European Union under the European Social Fund, awarded best PhDs in Silesian voivodeship.
Environmental engineering, environmental biotechnology, determination of the quantity and quality of bacterial and fungal aerosol present in the indoor and outdoor air, assessment of the viability and survivability of airborne microorganisms, measurements of air pollutants (PM and gaseous), including passive and automatic devices, preparation and development of air quality forecasts, monitoring and modelling of air pollutants, environmental exposure and environmental epidemiology.
Current research projects
- SmartAQnet: “Smart Air Quality Network”
Creating and maintenance of sensor network, installation of devices, data management, help within the personal monitoring tasks
- Aerosol Measurement Station in Augsburg
Scientific supervision of the measurement station, standard operation of devices, providing and management of the data
- AWAIR: “Environmental integrated, multilevel knowledge and approaches to counteract critical AIR pollution events, improving vulnerable citizens’ quality of life in Central Europe Functional Urban Areas”
Additional help within the main project tasks