Jyutika Jiten Satghar
- 2012 St. Columba Girls High School X Grade SSC 82.80%
- 2014 Jai Hind College XII Grade HSC 79.23%
- 2017 Jai Hind College B.A. (English Literature) 63.50%
- 2019 University of Mumbai M.A. Hons English Literature 8.61 CGPI
- 2019 Heinrich Heine University (Dusseldorf, Germany) Summer Semester University Exchange Program.
- 2014, Indian Cultural Heritage Level 1 organized by Jai Hind College, endorsed by Asiatic Society Mumbai.
- 2014, International Relations Level 1- Concepts, Theories and Global systems organized by Department of History, Jai Hind College.
- 2014. Local culture organized by Wilson college in collaboration with Asiatic Society Mumbai.
The project explores how the characterization of women with disabilities in films and TV series is often affected by ableism and categories of gender. This results in identity saturation in the sense of a single hegemonic focal point through which their individuality is restricted. The thesis moves beyond common notions of double oppression and instead focuses on the matrix of domination constructed for women with disabilities. Thus, an interwoven approach is applied to study relational connections between their social roles. The project aims to understand the significance of the ‘body’ and the notion of stigma associated with it in popular cultural characterizations of women with disabilities. The concept of identity saturation bridges the gap between Disability and Gender Studies by situating itself in the actively growing discourse of Feminist Disability Studies. Key primary sources include films and TV series like Raising Dion, There She Goes, Maudie, and Margarita with a Straw to capture current and constantly shifting representation of women with disabilities.
Arbeitsschwerpunkte und Interessensgebiete
- Feminist Disability Studies
- Disability Studies
- Gender Studies
- Populär Culture
- Film Analysis
Preise und Stipendien
- Heinrich Heine University, Düsseldorf from 01.04.2019 to 01.08.2019
- Daad Research Grants - Doctoral Programmes in Germany,2021/22 from 01.10.2021 to 30.09.2022
- Best Speaker at Youth Parliament- Political Science Forum, Jai Hind College, 2014.
- 3rd Best Speaker in group/zonal round at National Youth Parliament organized by Government of India, Ministry of Parliamentary affairs, 2015.
- 1st Best Speaker in National round at National Youth Parliament organized by Government of India, Ministry of Parliamentary affairs, 2015.
- Outstanding Elocutionist of the year- Jai Hind College, 2016.
- 4th Best Speaker in zonal/group level at National Youth Parliament organized by Government of India, Ministry of Parliamentary affairs, 2017.
- 1st Best Speaker in National round at National Youth Parliament organized by Government of India, Ministry of Parliamentary affairs, 2017.
- Summer Internship, Student guide at International Physics Olympiad for team Vietnam in 2015.
- Summer Internship, Content writer and researcher at Guido World Travels in 2017.
- Volunteering as a Book club session planner & conductor at Udaan India Foundation NGO for the academic year 2019.
- Class teacher for 7th std and English language teacher for stds 7th, 8th & 10th at Udaan India Foundation NGO fron December 2019 to April 2020
- Qualified Trinity Guildhall Intermediate level graded examination with merit- Trinity College London in association with Jehangir’s School of Speech and Drama.
- Higher Diploma in Bharatnatyam from Sarfoji Bhosale B.N.T. & R Centre
- Secretary and Treasurer for Marathi Vangmay Mandal (A literary-cultural club in Jai Hind College from 2013 to
- Wrote and directed several plays in Marathi language for the Marathi Vangmay Mandal committee.
- Served as a Treasurer for Josh (combined cultural group of Jai Hind College in 2017)