PROFILE OF THE TEACHING AND RESEARCH UNIT ETHICS AND HISTORY OF MEDICINE
The interdisciplinary team works on ethical and historical perspectives of medicine in its clinical, scientific, social and political contexts.
We address current issues of health, prevention and disease in research and teaching. We contribute to the ethically and historically informed discussion of norms and values in medicine, science, politics and the public. International networking and scientific cooperation are particularly important to us.Focal points of our work are:
- Public health ethics
- Health justice
- History and present of biomedical technologies
- Data-driven health (genomics, AI, digital health)
- Contemporary history of medicine
- Empirical bioethics
- Questions at the beginning and end of life
- Responsibilities in science and medicine
- Ethics and history of global health
We actively contribute to interdisciplinary and international exchange and regularly organise seminars, workshops and conferences. We contribute our expertise to various national and international professional societies and committees.