- Since 2022: Research Associate at the Chair of Financial Data Analytics, University of Augsburg
- 2019-2022: Research Associate at the Chair of Electronic Finance und Digitale Märkte, University of Goettingen
- 2017-2019: Master studies in the field of finance, accounting and taxes im, University of Goettingen
- 2014-2017: Bachelor studies in the field of Business, University Goettingen
Digital transformation and digital innovation in established industries
Business model innovation through the use of digital technologies
Qualitative, esp. case study-based, research
- Metzler, D. R., Neuss, N., and Torno, A. 2022. “The Digitization of Investment Management: An Analysis of Robo-Advisor Business Models,“ in: Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Wirtschaftsinformatik, Nuremberg, GER.
- Metzler, D. R., Bankamp, S., Muntermann, J., and Palmer, M. 2021. “The Role of CDOs in Signaling Digital Transformation Endeavors: An Analysis of Firms’ External Communication Tools ,“ in: Proceedings of the 42nd International Conference on Information Systems, Austin, TX.
- Metzler, D. R., Neuss, N., and Muntermann, J. 2021. “Artificial Intelligence and Business Model Innovation in Incumbent Firms: A Cross-Industry Case Study,“ in: Die Unternehmung: Swiss Journal of Business Research and Practice (75:3), pp. 324-339.
- Metzler, D. R. and Muntermann, J. 2021. “Digital Transformation-Driven Business Model Innovation – Current State and Future Research Directions,“ in Proceedings of the 25th Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems, Dubai, VAE.
- Torno, A., Metzler, D. R., and Torno, V. 2021. “Robo-What?, Robo-Why?, Robo-How? – A Systematic Literature Review of Robo-Advice ,“ in Proceedings of the 25th Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems, Dubai, VAE.
- Metzler, D. R. and Torno, A. 2021. “How Incumbent Financial Firms Approach their Digital Transformation: An Analysis of Digitalization Initiatives of Traditional Banks,“ in: BIT - Banking and Information Technology (22:1), p. 11-20.
- Metzler, D. R. and Muntermann, J. 2020. “The Impact of Digital Transformation on Incumbent Firms: An Analysis of Changes, Challenges, and Responses at the Business Model Level,“ in: Proceedings of the 41st International Conference on Information Systems, Hyderabad, India.