Dr. Dennis Steininger
|Phone:||+49 821 598 - 4245|
|Fax:||+49 821 598 - 4432|
|Visiting hours:||Wed. 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. please register via e-mail|
|Address:||Universitätsstraße 16, 86159 Augsburg|
Dennis Steininger is an assistant professor at the chair of Prof. Dr. Daniel Veit. Furthermore, he is a managing director of the Augsburg Center for Entrepreneurship (ACE), a research fellow of the Institute for Small and Medium-sized Enterprise and Entrepreneurship Research (ifm) at the University of Mannheim, and an associated member of the Digital Transformation Research Center at the University of Goettingen.
In his research he addresses topics surrounding digitalization. Startups, business models and innovation and transformation processes, as well as their financing via crowdfunding platforms, are in the center of his work. Based on the results, he develops theoretical contributions and derives not only scientific but also practical implications for managers, founders, investors and institutional organisations and supporters of the startup scene.
Dennis Steininger studied at the University of Mannheim, where he earned a Diplom-Kaufmann, and at London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE). The main focus of his studies was on information systems, leadership, organizational behavior and design.
He also completed numerous courses on theory and research methods in the context of his PhD training at the Center for Doctoral Studies in Business (CDSB). This center belongs to the Graduate School of Economic & Social Sciences (GESS) of the University of Mannheim, which is funded within the Initiative of Excellence of the German federal government. Her received his doctoral degree in Business from the University of Mannheim with the dissertation: Digital Entrepreneurship: Definitions, Business Models, and Network Externalities.
Dennis Steininger is a serial entrepreneur and has founded three companies starting in high school. The largest company was sold in 2007 to complete his studies. He founded SteiningerGroup as an umbrella for his entrepreneurial activities thereafter. Since then he has been a consultant for several major companies (e.g., Siemens) but also SMEs in the areas of strategy, digitalization, and M&A.
From 2008 to 2010 he was a working student and 2010 to 2013 he was a research assistant of Prof. Dr. Daniel Veit, initially at the Dieter Schwarz Endowed Chair for Business Administration, E-Business und E-Government of the University of Mannheim and since 2013 at the chair of Information Systems and Management of the University of Augsburg. From 2013-2015 he was also a research assistant and the Mannheim Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (MCEI) at the Institute for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (ifm).
Over the last years Dennis Steininger has published several articles in leading academic journals (e.g., Journal of Management Information Systems, Information Systems Journal, Technological Forecasting & Social Change, Electronic Markets) and in the proceedings of leading conferences (e.g., International Conference on Information Systems, ICIS; European Conference on Information Systems, ECIS).
Above that he has frequently been serving as a reviewer for leading journals (e.g., Journal of Management Information Systems (JMIS), European Journal of Information Systems (EJIS), Information Systems Journal (ISJ), Electronic Markets (EM), Journal of Business Economics (ZfB)). Furthermore, he was or is a track chair, associate editor and reviewer for ICIS and ECIS for topics surrounding digital innovation, business models, and entrepreneurship.
He taught numerous courses and seminars at the intersection of information systems and entrepreneurship as a research assistant at the Universities of Augsburg and Mannheim as well as during several teaching assignments and guest lectures at other schools (e.g., MBA program of the Mannheim Business School, Summer School of the University of Mannheim, Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University Mannheim).
In the context of his work as a research assistant Dennis Steininger was significantly involved in the raising of multi-year third-party funds and successfully supported several founders applying for EXIST funds.
He is not only a founding member of the Institute for Digitization Research e.V. in Munich but also member of the Association for Information Systems (AIS), of the German Academic Association for Business Research (VHB), of the Interest Group German Internet (I.D.I e.V.), of the Entrepreneurship Club, and of Marketing between Theory and Practice (MTP e.V.).
- „Top Downladed Paper 2018-2019“ Award, Information Systems Journal, 2020
- Best Reviewer Award of the International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS), 2019
- Sponsoring by the Julius-Paul-Stiegler-Gedächtnis-Stiftung, 2012
Journal of Management Information Systems (JMIS)
Information Systems Journal (ISJ)
European Journal of Information Systems (EJIS)
Business & Information Systems Engineering Journal (BISE) / Wirtschaftsinformatik (WI)
Journal of Business Economics (JBE) / Zeitschrift für Betriebswirtschaft (ZfB)
Journal of Business Research (JBR)
Journal of Small Business Management (JSBM)
International Journal of Electronic Commerce (IJEC)
Information and Management Journal (I&M)
Electronic Markets Journal (EM)
Management International Review (MIR)
- Journal of Theoretical and Applied Electronic Commerce Research
- Journal of Systems and Software (JSS)
- International Journal of Information Technology & Decision Making (IJITDM)
- Internet Research (IR)
- zahlreiche Konferenzen wie IFIP, AoM Annual Meeting, International Conference on Information Systems, European Conference on Information Systems, Int. Tagung Wirtschaftsinf., VHB-Jahrestagungen
Selected Courses and Seminars:
- Digital Entrepreneurship, Lecture, Master, University of Augsburg
- Digital Strategy, Lecture, MBA, Mannheim Business School
- Empirical Methods (substitute lecturer), Lecture, Master, University of Augsburg
- Advanced Management Information Systems, Seminar, Master, University of Augsburg
- E-Business and E-Government, Seminar, Master, University of Mannheim
- Information Systems Research, Seminar, Master, University of Augsburg
- Research Seminar in Entrepreneurship, Innovation, and Crowdfunding, Seminar, Master, University of Mannheim
- E-Commerce (substitute lecturer), Lecture, Bachelor, University of Augsburg
- Management Information Systems, Lecture, Bachelor, University of Augsburg
- Information Systems and Business Modeling, Lecture, Bachelor, University of Augsburg
- Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Business Model Design, Lecture, Bachelor, University of Mannheim
- Digital Strategy Research, Seminar, Bachelor, University of Augsburg
- IT Innovation Research, Seminar, Bachelor, University of Augsburg
- Online User Behavior, Seminar, Bachelor, University of Augsburg
- Association for Information Systems (AIS)
- Entrepreneurship Club
- German Academic Association for Business Research (VHB)
- German Association of University Professors and Lecturers (DHV)
- German Informatics Society / Gesellschaft für Informatik e.V. (GI)
- Institute for Digitization Research e.V. (founding member)
- Interessenverband Deutsches Internet e. V. (I.D.I)
- Marketing zwischen Theorie und Praxis e. V. (MTP)