General information about the workshop
The 22nd European Health Economics Workshop (EHEW) takes place at the Faculty of Business and Economics of the University of Augsburg on May 11-12, 2023. The EHEW brings together international researchers in the field of Health Economics. It provides a forum that encourages the development, critical appraisal and dissemination of economic research related to the health domain.
The workshop focuses primarily on the discussion of microeconomic models applied to health economics, with a strong emphasis on applications of industrial organization, contract theory, insurance economics, and public economics. Submissions of empirical and experimental papers making substantial use of a theoretical model will also be considered.
The workshop runs over two full days and comprises about fifteen papers. There are no parallel sessions. One hour will be devoted to each paper, with presentations by the author and a nominated discussant. The number of participants is limited to around 30 people. Participants are expected to attend the entire meeting and take an active part either as author or discussant.
All relevant information for the workshop will be made available here. In case of any questions, do not hesitate to contact the local organizers.
- Francesca Barigozzi (University of Bologna, Italy)
- Oddvar Kaarbøe (University of Bergen, Norway)
- Paula González (Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Seville, Spain)
- Izabela Jelovac (CNRS, GATE Lyon-St Etienne, France)
- Michael Kuhn (IIASA & Wittgenstein Centre, Vienna, Austria)
- Robert Nuscheler (University of Augsburg, Germany)
- Luigi Siciliani (University of York, UK)
- Odd Rune Straume (University of Minho, Portugal)
The deadline for the submission of papers has passed.
Accommodation and travel expenses
- Accommodation for active participants is financed by the conference for up to three nights. Rooms are reserved at the hotel "das hotel am alten park", which is very close to the central station. To make a reservation, simply send an e-mail to willkommen[at]hotel-am-alten-park[dot]de with your name, arrival and departure dates until April 10. Make sure to mention the “European Health Economics Workshop”. You must decide between a standard single room and a comfort single room. Breakfast is included in any case.
- All participants cover their own travel expenses.
- There is no registration fee.
Robert Nuscheler & Simon Vaclahovsky