Application via Mobility-Online

After we received your nomination you will get your Mobilty-Online login data for all further steps.


Deadlines for your application:

  • winter semester: May 31
  • summer semester: November 30

Erasmus+ application documents


You will regularly use Mobility-Online until the end of your exchange stay. Please do not use a cell phone for this, but rather a computer or laptop with a big enough Screen!

Language Requirements: German/English

Please note:
In order to follow along in lectures, take part in class discussions, and write term papers and written exams in either German- or English-taught courses, we strongly recommend that you have the following language levels:

  • Courses in German: German B2
  • Courses in English: English B2 + German basic skills

Content guidelines:
You have already stated your German and English language skills in your application details.
You must now provide proof of your language knowledge for one of these two languages.

We accept the following documents:

  • Official certificates
  • German: DSH, Test DaF, onDaF, DSD, Goethe-Institut, TELC etc.
  • English: TOEFL, IELTS, TOIEC etc.
  • Confirmation from the language center of your home university
  • Confirmation from a language school

Please note that most courses are held in German (over 90%). Also, language skills are not only necessary for your studies, but are also required for nearly all activities outside the university (i.e. buying bus or train tickets, grocery shopping, taking care of bureaucratic matters, etc).

Please check the courses offered by your faculty, the language centre, the information about English taught courses and special courses for exchange students.

Online Application, Letter of Admission & Semesterticket

To receive admission to the University of Augsburg, you must fill out an additional online application.


How do I apply for admission?

Follow all the steps in the Studentenkanzlei’s application portal. Since the portal can be hard to understand, please use our Infosheet “Application Help” for assistance!


After completion of the online application form, a PDF file named Antrag auf Zulassung (application for admission) will be generated. Be sure to save this file! Then, print and fill this out and provide your signature. Scan and upload the file to Mobility-Online after once you have done this 

About one or two weeks after the receipt of your application for admission, the Studentenkanzlei will issue and send your letter of admission to your home address. You will find a copy in your Mobility-Online account.

Please bring the Letter of Admission with you to Augsburg (required for enrolment/matriculation)!


What do I need my letter of acceptance for?

The letter of acceptance states that you have been granted permission to study at the University of Augsburg. You will also need this for:

Immatrikulation (enrollment) at the university

Other bureaucratic matters that you will attend to in Augsburg i.e. registering for student health insurance, opening a bank account and etc.

Please bring the Letter of Admission with you to Augsburg (required for enrolment/matriculation)!


Semesterticket/Campus Card:

Along with your Letter of Admission you will receive a request for payment in the amount of 114,85 euros (Studentenwerk, Refectory, Student Residence Administration, Student service; Semester travel ticket). The semester travel ticket allows you unlimited travel for 6 months on public buses and trams within Augsburg (the night bus, however, costs extra!). You can transfer the amount of 114,85 euros in advance or pay it in at the bank after you arrive in Augsburg (it is not possible to pay in cash at the university itself!). Please always state your applicant number and name on the transfer instruction! You can find further information about the payment here. Proof of the payment (back receipt, account statement) is strictly required for enrolment. After your enrolment you will get your Campus Card
(= Semesterticket & Payment Card Mensa etc.).

Learning Agreement

The Learning Agreement acts as a study contract or study plan and is intended to specify which courses you will attend at the University of Augsburg. You will get that document from your Home University. Please ask your International Office about instructions how to fill in the Learning Agreement.


The Learning Agreement consists of different parts and has to be filled in:

  • Before the Mobility
  • During the Mobility
  • After the Mobility (= Transcript of Records)


Information on the courses and lectures, as well as on their ECTS assessment can be obtained:

  • in the program of the lectures (possibly form the previous year)
  • on the faculties websites
  • from the Departmental Coordinators
  • on the Prospecitve Students Site

You should first have the completed Learning Agreement signed by your Home University. Then send the agreement (by email) to the Erasmus+Office. After it is checked by the Departmental Coordinator of the corresponding faculty, the Learning Agreement will be returned to you.

Course selection: If you cannot find the courses for the new semester on the faculties' sites yet, your best approach is to base your decisions on the courses currently on offer. The courses stated in the Learning Agreement are not binding – you can change them after you arrive in Augsburg. You are also welcome to prepare the Learning Agreement when you arrive in Augsburg, if your home university agrees to this.
If you have further questions on courses, ECTS credits and the Learning Agreement, then please contact your Departmental Coordinator directly. 


Apartments in the student halls of residence are very popular and are always booked up very quickly. We therefore recommend starting to look for a room as soon as possible ("First come – first served"). The Erasmus+ Office and the Studentenwerk cannot guarantee the Erasmus+ participants a place in a hall of residence. 

Here you will find information about the student halls of residence.


You present the health insurance card to a German health insurance company after you arrive (further information: see First Steps Guide!). They will provide you with a certificate, which you will need for matriculation.

If you are privately insured in your home country, please discuss your stay abroad with your insurance company. Please also go to a German health insurance company to receive detailed advice.

Students from Turkey: if you do not have a European Health Insurance Card, you will need the document "T/A 11".


Law change in 2019: when EU students work in Germany, they have to make a student insurance.

The EHIC is no longer enough.


Note: Erasmus+ participants are responsible for ensuring that they have adequate insurance cover! Make sure that your insurance policy covers medically necessary return transport to your home country. Accident insurance and personal liability insurance can also be useful.
The University of Augsburg does not guarantee the accuracy of this information. Regardless of this information, the provisions of your health insurance company or the provisions of the German health insurance company always apply.


Here you will find detailed information on the topic of entry into the Federal Republic of Germany.