searching for a job
After you graduated from a German university and received your certificate you are allowed to apply for an 18-month job searching residence permit.
You can look for a job corresponding to your academic qualification while you have a full work permit with no restrictions. That gives you the chance to work in any kind of job or do an internship untill you find a proper job.
Important! The 18 month job searching residence permit can not be extended.
Documents required to apply for the 18 month job searching permit:
- passport (+residence permit, + green paper)
- application form („Antrag auf Verlängerung)
- one recent biometric passport photo (not older than six months)
- leaving certificate (or document that you have completed your degree successfully)
- proof of current health insurance cover
- proof of sufficient financial resources (8640 euros in an account in Germany, or a statement of commitment in accordance with § 68 of the German Residence Act)
- 93 Euros (you can pay only with ec-card)