extend residence permit
You have already been in Germany for some time and your residence permit is about to expire:
The application for an extention of a residence permit can be done 2 month before the expiration of a current residence permit at the earliest. Please note that it takes up to 6 weeks for a residence permit to be delivered.
Documents needed for students from outside of the EU:
- yellow application form
- 1 current biometric passport sized photo
- current enrolment certificate ("Immatrikulationsbescheinigung")
- proof of financial support* (German bank account balancing at 8640 Euros or financial support confirmation "Verpflichtungserklärung" from a person of reference § 68 AufenthG or scholarship)
- proof of health insurance
- 93 euros (you can only pay with debit card)
*►Good to know! As the BaföG rate has recently raised the proof for foreign students also raised.
From the 1st of january 2020 the proof of financial means has to be given for 10.236,- euro (853 euro per month)