If you move house, you must register your new residence within 14 days at the relevant authority by person. For those who live in Augsburg you have to come to  Hochschulbetreuungsstelle, Eichleitnerstr. 30, building F2, room 111 .


You need a confirmation of the landlord/provider of housing space ( "Wohnungsgeberbestätigung") in order to register the apartment in the city of Augsburg.


The provider of housing space is either your landlord or a person mandated by your landlord.

  • Please bring along your passport and the filled confirmation "Wohnungsgeberbestätigung" if you want to register your new apartment.


When you move to a different city in Germany you have to register there within 14 days. There is no need to deregister from the city of Augsburg.