Teaching Profession Bachelor Programme (Primary and Secondary School) (B. Ed.)
The aim of the teaching-related Bachelor's study programmes at the University of Augsburg is the acquisition of the most important scientific, theoretical and practical professional basics in the professional fields of educational sciences, subject didactics and subject sciences in the corresponding subject combinations, which are typical for teaching-related study programmes.
The University of Augsburg offers the following teaching-related Bachelor's study programmes:
- Bachelor's degree programme in primary education
- Bachelor's degree programme in secondary education
- Bachelor's degree programme in secondary modern school teaching
- Teacher-related Bachelor's degree programme Gymnasium
[More information regarding the application proocess can be found in the right column under “specialties“]
- teaching in educational institutions for children and young people outside the state school service
- deepening acquired skills in the above mentioned professional fields
- the degree "Bachelor of Education" is recognised internationally
Students can begin this bachelor programme from the 5. semester of the corresponding teacher training programme. The admission requirement is that at least 110 credit points that can count towards the Bachelor in teaching have been achieved. Studies can be begun in the winter or summer semester. Applicants who are already registered with the University of Augsburg have to use the application form for a double degree ("Doppelstudium"). Applicants who are not yet registered with the University of Augsburg have to use the application form for Application and registration for the Teaching Profession Bachelor Programme of the University of Augsburg ("Bewerbung für und Einschreibung in den lehramtsbezogenen Bachelorstudiengang der Universität Augsburg"). (All application forms can be found here: https://www.uni-augsburg.de/de/organisation/einrichtungen/studentenkanzlei/antrage/)
The counselling team of the Centre for Teacher Education and Interdisciplinary Educational Research (ZLbiB) advises
- Students of teacher training and teaching-related degree programmes at the University of Augsburg,
- Students of teacher training and teaching-related degree programmes at other universities who wish to transfer to the University of Augsburg,
- participants in post-qualification courses within the framework of special measures of the Bavarian State Ministry for Education and Cultural Affairs
on various counselling matters.
Prospective students are supported by the Student Counselling Service (ZSB) with questions about teaching degree programmes.