Scholarships equal opportunities for women in research and teaching
Here, young female scientists at the University of Augsburg are supported who are aiming for a habilitation. Applicants must prove that they have been accepted as habilitation candidates by the faculty.
The scholarship holder is expected to participate in teaching for the duration of the scholarship (2 SWS are recommended). In principle, the funded junior researchers should devote their entire working energy to their scientific project. As an exception to this rule, a paid teaching position of up to 4 SWS may be held in addition to the recommended teaching position. However, any negative impact on the qualification work supported by the scholarship must be excluded. The teaching obligations stipulated in the respective habilitation regulations are binding for the scholarship holder. The combination of a part-time position with a partial scholarship is possible.
- Scholarship amount: 2400 €
- Childcare allowance: 200 € for the first child and 100 € for each additional child under the age of 12
- Scholarship duration: 1 year
DOCUMENTS FOR THE APPLICATION
- Download the scholarship application form
- Expert reports from (at least) two university professors, one of which should be external and one from a member of the departmental mentorate.
- A project description in conformity with scientific practice (topic, task and goal, research methods, preliminary work, work and time schedule, max. 5 pages) as well as a classification of the fellowship in the overall career plan
- List of publications
- (tabular) curriculum vitae
- Proof of habilitation status by the faculty
- Written statement by the faculty that the scholarship holder has close institutional connections (e.g., dean, head of the institute to which the project is assigned or professors in active service)
- Copies of all university certificates obtained to previous dates
- If applicable, copies of the children's birth certificates
- Agreement on the final report (included in the application form)
We need your documents in the following form:
Digitally as one connected PDF file:
- For this, fill out the digital form as, save it as a pdf, and merge it with all other documents (see above) in the above order. The digital version does not need to be signed.
In paper form:
- we only need the application form printed and signed as well as the original expert reports. Please do not use folders or clear plastic sleeves.
The decision on the applications received is made after a multi-stage review process by the Commission for Research and Junior Academics, of which the University Women's Representative is a voting member.
While receiving the scholarship from the above funds, no other scholarship may be received.
In special personal situations (e.g. parental leave), the scholarship may be applied for as a part-time scholarship (50%) with a reduced endowment.
The funded young female scientists are expected to use their entire working power for their scientific project. However, recipients of scholarships for postdocs, habilitation candidates may have a paid teaching activity of up to 4 SWS in addition to the required teaching activity.
Recipients of a scholarship for excellent young academics are allowed to work up to 40 hours per month.
Applicants who are employed at Augsburg University at the time of application must take a leave of absence for the duration of the scholarship. The combination of a half-time position (50%) and a part-time stipend (50%) as well as the combination of a part-time stipend (50%) with parental leave are possible.
Participation in the KLeVer-program:
We expect you to participate in at least one workshop offering within the KLeVer-program (provided there is an offering in English).
Use of the university’s infrastructure:
Unfortunately, you have to take action yourself for this:
- You need a letter from the faculty or chair you are connected to for submission to the EDP support, which will activate/renew your RZ code.
- The Zebra can then issue a guest ID card.
- At the information desk of the Central Library your user rights can be extended to employee status.
Applicants with foreign citizenship:
You can apply if you are integrated into the German academic system, if your center of life is in Germany at the time of application, and if you plan to have an academic career in Germany.
The Women's Representative and the Office for Equal Opportunities are available for advice and assistance with the application process and strongly recommend that you take advantage of this offer.
We wish you all the best for your success!