- Postdoc Position: 30 September 2022
The Faculty of Applied Computer Science of Augsburg University (Prof. Dr. Tobias Mömke) is inviting applications for one
starting at the earliest possible date. The contract will be restricted to at most one year. Part-time employment is possible. The salary is based on personal and collectively agreed conditions up to Entgeltgruppe 13 TV-L.
- Scientific research on algorithms as part of the DFG project “Novel Approximation Techniques for Traveling Salesman Problems”
- Collaboration in research on up-to-date scientific questions, in particular within Approximation Algorithms
- Active support for work on individual research questions
- Possibility to attend workshops, conferences and summer schools
- A finished PhD degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or another related subject with experience in the analysis and design of algorithms
- Fun pursuing mathematical scientific work and knowledge transfer
- Ability to work self-sufficiently and good communication skills
We will also consider applicants who have a Master’s degree with very good grades for a PhD position.
The required qualification should be part of the application documents in form of transcripts.
The University of Augsburg promotes gender equality at work. Women are expressly asked to apply. The University of Augsburg particularly supports the compatibility of family and work. For further information, please contact the women's representative of the Faculty of Applied Computer Science. Disabled candidates with otherwise equal suitability, ability and subject-specific performance will be preferred.
Please compile your application composed of the habitual documents (CV, transcripts of grades, description of scientific interests, name and contact details of one or two references) to a single pdf file and e-mail it to Prof. Dr. Tobias Mömke (email@example.com) until
30th September 2022.