The Faculty of Applied Computer Science of Augsburg University (Prof. Dr. Tobias Mömke) is inviting applications for two
starting at the earliest possible date. The contracts will initially be restricted to one year. Given the respective preconditions, an extension is planned. Part-time employment is possible. The salary is based on personal and collectively agreed conditions up to Entgeltgruppe 13 TV-L.
- Scientific research on algorithms
- Participation in teaching and student supervision
- Pursuit of further scientific qualification (e.g., doctorate)
- Collaboration in research on up-to-date scientific questions, in particular within
Approximation Algorithms, Online Algorithms and Algorithms for Big Data
- Active support for work on individual research questions
- Possibility to attend workshops, conferences and summer schools
- A finished Master‘s degree (or equivalent) with very good grades in Computer Science, Mathematics or another related field (e.g., Physics)
- Fun pursuing mathematical scientific work and knowledge transfer
- Ability to work self-sufficiently and good communication skills
The required qualification should be part of the application documents in form of transcripts.
Since most of the teaching is done in German language, non-German speakers should give believable evidence that they are able to learn German within a short time frame.
The University of Augsburg promotes gender equality at work. Women are expressly asked to apply. The University of Augsburg particularly supports the compatibility of family and work. For further information, please contact the women's representative of the Faculty of Applied Computer Science. Disabled candidates with otherwise equal suitability, ability and subject-specific performance will be preferred.
Please compile your application composed of the habitual documents (CV, transcripts of grades, description of scientific interests, name and contact details of one or two references) to a single pdf file and e-mail it to Prof. Dr. Tobias Mömke (email@example.com) until
15 September 2020.