Are you interested in deepening your knowledge or returning to topics studied in an earlier degree programme? Attending the University of Augsburg as a guest student provides the opportunity to do just that, offering an extensive range of subjects from a wide range of different disciplines.
If you are interested in deepening your knowledge of particular topics or disciplines without having to take any exams, you can attend the University of Augsburg as a guest student, attending individual courses or lectures of particular interest to you. Guest students are required to pay a fee (see below).
- Guest students do not need to pay a fee to Studierendenwerk and do not receive a semester public transport ticket.
- Guest students can participate in all courses in open admission degree programmes as long as the number of participants is not limited.
- Participation in language courses at the Language Centre is not possible for guest students.
- Participation in courses as a guest student cannot be counted towards academic achievement for a degree programme undertaken at a later point in time.
- Guest students are not entitled to take examinations.
Guest students are subject to the same admission requirements as other students and must therefore possess a general higher education entrance qualification such as an Abitur or a subject-specific higher education entrance qualification. In exceptional cases, a German secondary school leaving certificate (mittlere Reife) suffices. Further information can be gained from the Registrar’s Office (Studierendenkanzlei).
The following fees apply to guest students each semester (according to Art. 3 Para 3 of the higher education fee regulations of the University of Augsburg in conjunction with Art. 13 Para. 3 Sentence 1 No. 4 of the Bavarian Higher Education Innovation Act (Bayerisches Hochschulinnovationsgesetz, BayHIG)):
- Less than 5 hours per week in the semester: Euro 100,-
- 5 to 8 hours per week in the semester: Euro 200,-
- More than 8 hours per week in the semester: Euro 300,-.
Enrolling as a guest student
To enrol as a guest student, you need to submit the application documents to the Registrar’s Office (see below). The documents must be submitted to the University of Augsburg by 31.03. for the summer semester and by 30.09. for the winter semester.
Following enrolment, you will receive a guest student ID which will entitle you to participate in your chosen courses.
Please pay the guest student fee via bank transfer or deposit to the following account:
Recipient: Staatsoberkasse Bayern
Bank: Bayerischen Landesbank München
Reason for payment: UniAug/1523/111 02‑4/Gaststudium/Surname of the guest student
In exceptional cases it is also possible to pay in cash at the “Barzahlungsstelle” at the University of Augsburg: Universitätsstraße 2, Presidium, Level 2, Room 3013 (following prior arrangement at the Registrar’s Office).
A stamp or signature on the receipt of payment from the bank, a bank account statement showing the payment, or a confirmation of payment from the “Barzahlungsstelle” count as evidence of payment.