Student study place exchange
In restricted admission degree programmes, it is often difficult to change to the desired university due to a lack of free study places. In order to offer a possibility of doing this, the so-called student study place exchange (Studienplatztausch) has been set up in addition to formal university admission procedures.
Please note the following points:
- Both study exchange partners must be enrolled in the same degree programme and semester at a German university.
- The study and examination results of the exchange partners must accord with one another.
- Applications to exchange study places must be submitted to the University of Augsburg by the start of the lecture period in the respective semester at the latest. Please note that each partner in the exchange must submit the application to exchange study places to his or her university.
- A so-called ring exchange involving more than two universities is possible.
- The exchange can only be carried out once all participating universities have approved the exchange.
If, after the exchange has been approved by the participating universities, only one of the exchange partners accepts the exchanged place and enrols and the other exchange partner renounces his or her enrolment or withdraws it after a short time, it is considered a fictitious exchange. In this case, the entire exchange subsequently becomes invalid, which means that the exchange partner who is already enrolled is then unenrolled.
Your contact person regarding a study place exchange is the Registrar’s Office (Studierendenkanzlei). The application form for a study place exchange is available via the link.
For help finding a study exchange partner, look at the following sites:
- Online exchange platforms
- University notice boards
- National newspapers