You can find out whether you are required to successfully complete an aptitude assessment process or test for admission to a specific master’s degree programme (with the exception of master’s degree programmes in music) under degree programmes.
Table of Contents:
- Aptitude assessment processes for the subjects English/American Studies and English as well as the bachelor’s degree programme Applied Intercultural Linguistics
- Aptitude tests for Art, Music, Sport
- Placement tests for the subjects French, Italian and Spanish
Aptitude assessment processes for the subjects English/American Studies and English as well as the bachelor’s degree programme Applied Intercultural Linguistics
In order to enrol in one or more of the following subjects or degree programmes, students must pass an aptitude assessment process (for further information about this requirement, refer to the following statutes.
English/American Studies as major and minor subject
in the two-subject bachelor’s degree programme of the Faculty of Philology and History
English as a major or as a teaching subject
in the teaching degree programmes for primary, middle, and secondary schools (Realschulen and Gymnasium) at the University of Augsburg
English as a subject
in the teaching-related bachelor’s degree programmes at the University of Augsburg
Bachelor’s degree programme in Applied Intercultural Linguistics (ANIS)
English/American Studies as a minor
in the bachelor’s degree programme philosophy or the bachelor’s degree programme art education (Kunstpädagogik)
Further information about aptitude assessment processes at the Faculty of Philology and History can be found via the link.
Aptitude tests for Art, Music, Sport
An aptitude test must be taken before enrolment in the following subjects/programmes:
- teaching subjects in art, music, and sport as part of a teaching degree programme,
- bachelor’s and master’s degree programmes in music, and
- bachelor’s degree programme in art education (Kunstpädagogik) or art education as a minor.
The statutes for the aptitude tests can be found in the University of Augsburg’s collection of laws .
The aptitude test for art and art education (Kunst and Kunstpädagogik) (for the bachelor’s degree programme in Art Education, for the minor subject Art Education, as well as the teaching degree subject Art) takes place twice a year at the University of Augsburg. Aptitude tests in the summer semester take place from May until the end of September and in the winter semester from December until the end of March of the following year.
Written registration for the aptitude test via the secretariat of the Chair of Art Education (Lehrstuhl für Kunstpädagogik) must be completed by the 15th of May (cut-off deadline) for a degree programme beginning in the following winter semester and by the 30th of November (cut-off deadline) for a degree programme beginning in the following summer semester.
Music (bachelor and master's degree programmes)
The aptitude test for entry into the following degree programmes in music takes place at the University of Augsburg’s Leopold Mozart College of Music.
- Bachelor’s and master’s degree programme in Music
- Master’s programme in Music Therapy (in conjunction with employment)
Next starting date: summer semester 2024
- Master’s programme in Music Communication/Concert Pedagogy
A starting date in the winter semester of 2023/2024 is not possible.
In order to be admitted, you must provide evidence that you have successfully passed the aptitude test. Please note that the aptitude test for the bachelor’s degree programme in music does not replace the aptitude test for the teaching degree subject in music (see below) and vice versa.
Music (Teaching degree programmes)
Information on the aptitude test for the subject music taken within the context of the teaching degree programmes for primary, middle, and secondary school and the corresponding application forms can be found on the following website. Please note that the aptitude test for the bachelor’s degree programme in music does not replace the aptitude test for the teaching degree subject music and vice versa.
In Bavaria, the central aptitude test for the degree programme in sport takes place once a year at the beginning of July, alternating between the sports training centres of Bavarian universities. Written registrations are due by the 1st of June (cut-off deadline) of the respective year.
Placement tests for the subjects French, Italian and Spanish
The basic language practice module for students of the following degree programmes requires foreign language skills at B2 level (CEFR) in the language studied. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that all students in these degree programmes take the relevant placement tests at the beginning of their studies.
- B.A. Franco-Romance Studies (major or minor)
- B.A. Italo-Romance Studies (major or minor)
- B.A. Ibero-Romance Studies (major or minor)
- B.A. Applied Intercultural Linguistics: French, Italian or Spanish as a second language
- Teaching degree for secondary schools (Gymnasium) with the teaching subjects French, Italian or Spanish
- Teaching degree for vocational secondary schools (Realschule) with the teaching subject French