Center for International Relations (CIR)
University of Augsburg
The University of Augsburg is a fast growing top campus university in the heart of Europe engaging in all major fields in social and nature sciences. With the newly founded Faculty of Medicine resulting in significant additional third party funding, the University of Augsburg strengthens Augsburg’s position as a regional and national centre between Ulm and Munich and provides an excellent environment for students to pursue a renowned education and follow a career path that leaves a mark in the world.
Faculty of Business and Economics
Embedded in the beautiful nature campus lies the Faculty of Business and Economics, the second largest department by subject of the University of Augsburg and one of the top five largest business faculties nationwide. It comprises around 4,000 students and almost 200 full-time faculty members.
International Courses & Grading
Lectures: written exam (at least 60 minutes up to 120 minutes)
Seminars: written assignment and presentation
The following grading scale is applied to all courses (lectures and seminars) at the Faculty of Business and Economics:
|1,0||very good||Considered an excellent result, seldom achieved, an outstanding achievement|
|1,7||good||Considered a (very) good result, awarded less requently than the American "B" grade, an achievement which lies substantially above average requirements|
|2,7||satisfactory||Considered a (rather) good result, and does not correspond with the American "C" grade, an achievement which corresponds to average requirements|
|3,7||sufficient||an achievement which barely meets the requirements|
|4,3||not sufficient / failed||an achievement which does not meet the requirements|
Please refer to the Grade Distribution in Business Administration.
Conversion in ECTS grades
|German grade||ECTS grade|
The Faculty of Business and Economics of the University of Augsburg is well-known for its high quality academics and research:
- Germany’s largest university ranking of the Centre of Higher Education (CHE) confirmed the constantly high quality of studying business and economics in Augsburg.
- The Global Business Management (GBM) Bachelor program was the first and until then only study program that received FIBAA’s Premium Seal for outstanding quality in academics and teaching.
- The respected German “Handelsblatt” ranking confirmed that the Faculty of Business and Economics at the University of Augsburg is home to many successful scientists reaching up to the top five best German researchers.
- The Finance and Information Management (FIM) Master program is awarded with top scores in CHE rankings.
- Universum Student Survey 2010 confirmed above-average satisfaction of students at School of Business at the University of Augsburg.
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Mexico
"The seasons may change but the memories in Augsburg will remain."
(Enid Quiroga-Cobos, summer term 2018)
Dokuz Eylul University, Turkey
"Such a great welcoming city and university that makes you already starting to plan to moving there for the rest of your life."
(Mehmet Atlihan, summer term 2018)
Indiana University Bloomington, USA
One course that I took that made an impact on me was a Topics in Global Business course. In this seminar course, I truly got to experience the difference between US and German higher education. This course required students to be very self-reliant. There were only approximately 5 lectures, and the rest of the semester you were supposed to just conduct independent research and write your paper during your own planned time.