If it is not possible to continue your degree programme at the University of Augsburg following a change of university and a lack of equivalence between the examination regulations, you will need to apply for the first subject semester. The exception is degree programmes with restricted admission and law, as well as teaching degree programmes with a state examination, where the type of school and subjects studied are retained (here the subject-related semesters are carried forward so that an application is made for the corresponding higher subject-related semester).
Admission to a higher semester after enrolment is possible if after applying to the examinations office (Prüfungsamt) you are awarded credit for your previous studies and examinations. It is advisable to contact the respective subject-related student advisory service (Fachstudienberatung) before enrolment.
Before changing university, the following points should be clarified:
- Is the desired degree programme offered at the University of Augsburg?
- Is it necessary to provide evidence of having passed an aptitude assessment processes or test for the desired degree programme/subject?
- Are there any admission restrictions for the desired degree programme/subject at the University of Augsburg?
- Are all other admission requirements fulfilled (e.g., a higher education entrance qualification recognised in Bavaria, sufficient language skills, etc.)?
- What application and enrolment deadlines must be observed?
When should I disenroll from my old university?
You should only disenroll from your old university when your place at the new university is secured.
How do I get my semester fees refunded?
If you have already re-enrolled for the next semester and would like to change universities, you can apply to the Registrar’s Office (Studierendenkanzlei) for a refund of the semester fees you have already paid. Please be sure to enclose the receipt for the semester fees you have already paid. For a refund to take place, you must have already disenrolled from the University of Augsburg. Please inform yourself about the details and deadlines for refunds (in German) .