Studying with us
The Institute for Geography in Augsburg offers a bachelor of science in geography and a bachelor of science in geoinformatics with a standard study period of six semesters, both of which are accredited. In addition, consecutive study on the accredited masters courses in geography, climate and environmental sciences, geoinformatics as well as global change ecology are also offered. In addition, all teacher training courses in geography can be studied at the University of Augsburg.
Studying geography in Augsburg
- Individual support and good communication between students, teachers and researchers
- Interdisciplinary and holistic access to nature and social science issues
- Well-founded methodological training as well as an extensive offer of work placements in the field and practical projects
- Individual prioritisation and diverse options enable individual specialisation and profiling
- Highly dynamic institute with an active body of staff
- Annual topic for the respective academic year (winter and summer semester) as a central theme for teaching sessions and lectures
University of Augsburg surroundings
- The University of Augsburg has an attractive campus with short routes, which is ideally networked in the teaching.
- Established cooperation, for example with the Environmental Sciences Centre (Wissenschaftszentrum Umwelt - WZU) or the Bavarian State Environmental Agency (Landesamt für Umwelt - LfU) offer the best opportunities for application-oriented research.
- The proximity to the Alps and the university’s participation in Schneefernerhaus environmental research station on Zugspitze mountain enables practical work in the high mountains.
- The City of Augsburg offers a diverse offer of leisure and cultural activities, which can be reached conveniently by bike or local public transport.