Preparations for your Arrival
Around one month before your arrival you took care of your visa and health insurance. Maybe you can already transfer your semester fee to the University of Augsburg from home. Now you’re planning your arrival.
Preparing your Move-in
Around one month before your arrival, you must prepare your move-in into the dormitory. You will receive further instruction from the Studentenwerk per email.
- Paying deposit and first rents
Transfer the deposit and the first months' rents for your apartment in good time to the Studentenwerk's account. The deadline for the transaction, as well as the account details, are included in the confirmation for your dorm room, which you have received in an email by the Studentenwerk.
If you do not transfer the money for deposit and rents in time, you will lose your claim for the apartment! In this case, you will have to take care of accommodation in Augsburg by yourself.
- Setting a move-in date with the dorm manager
Contact the dorm manager of your dorm and set a date for your move. You were given the manager's contact details in an email by the Studentenwerk.
The dorm managers are best to be reached by phone. Ask your tutor for help with the phonecall.
- It is not always possible to move into the dorm at the date of your choice. Moving in can only be guaranteed from the 3rd workday of October or April on. Please take this into account and book alternative accommodation if necessary.
- The move-in is only possible on a workday (Monday - Friday). If you arrive outside of working hours, notify your tutor. He/She may be able to pick up your room key.
Alternative Accommodation in Augsburg:
For the summer semester 2020, please arrive on one of the proposed dates:
- April 3 -April 6, 2020 (departure September 01-30, 2020)
After your arrival in Augsburg there’s lots of important things to do and many compulsory events to visit. All exchange students need to be in Augsburg from 7th of April on and take part in the events.
We recommend choosing the airport Munich "Franz-Josef-Strauß" for arrival. You will not be picked up at the airport. You will have to arrange your travel to Augsburg by yourself.
Information about the way from the Airport Munich to Augsburg and the University you can find here .