Legal tasks for equality in Bavaria
Tasks under the Bavarian Equality Act:
Promotion and monitoring of the enforcement of the Bavarian Equality Act
The aim of this law is, among other things,
- To increase the proportion of women in areas in which they are employed in significantly lower numbers than men,
- To ensure equal opportunities for men and women,
- To improve the compatibility of family life and gainful employment for men and women, and
- To work towards equal participation of men and women in committees.
Participation in the creation of the equality concept and support of the University of Augsburg in the implementation of the equality concept for the area of academic staff.
Own initiatives for the
- Implementation of the Bavarian Equality Act
- Improvement of the situation of women
- Better compatibility of work and family life for men and women.
Participation in all matters relevant to equality between men and women.
Participation in all matters that are important for the compatibility of work and family life for men and women and for ensuring equal opportunities.
Advising on gender equality issues and supporting employees in individual cases.
In the preamble of its constitution, the University of Augsburg undertakes to oppose discrimination and to promote the actual equality of men and women, taking into account the principles of gender mainstreaming. This was already anchored as a basic principle in the 2001 concept for the advancement of women and equality.