Be kind to yourself!
Give yourself a day of "mindfulness and (self-)appreciation" today. Take some time today to treat yourself with love - just as a good friend would. Today, try to be a good friend to yourself!
Here are a few recommendations:
- When you look in the mirror today, consciously smile to yourself
- Take some time to enjoy your cup of coffee or tea for breakfast with all of your senses (inhale the pleasant smell, take your time to taste the aromas in your mouth and feel the pleasant warmth of the cup in your hands)
- Focus your attention on positive things today
- Praise yourself for at least one thing you have achieved today
...and if you have problems following these recommendations, then take a look into your "personal treasure chest" with the following exercise:
Sit or lie down, relax, and take a moment to close your eyes, breathe calmly and let mental images arise in your mind. Let your thoughts go on a little journey and ask yourself the following questions:
- What have you done well in the last few days? Is there anything that you have done particularly well? (Also think about small and seemingly unimportant things)
- What can you be happy about?
- What has worked only because of your actions?
- Which of your strengths and personal characteristics have helped you achieve this?
Be proud of what you have accomplished. Allow yourself to develop a sense of pride and strength in the process and continue your day with this feeling!
(c) Tanja Weier (Central Student Advisory Service)