Pittsburgh Exchange Program (Bachelor and Master)
- Studies in Pittsburgh from the end of August to December.
- Students are granted credit in clusters and integrative areas for foreign courses in Augsburg upon individual agreement.
- Exchange students receive a tuition waiver.
- Former exchange students are encouraged to become part of the program's alumni network.
- Read former exchange students' experience reports here.
- Bachelor students must have completed four semesters at the beginning of the exchange program, i.e., students must be at least in their fifth semester of bachelor studies when going abroad.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) with a result of over 80 points or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) Band Score of over 6.5 (formally required after acceptance for exchange program; candidates applying with a valid TOEFL or IELTS result preferred). For information on the TOEFL test click here and for the IELTS here.
- Students who score less than 100 points on TOEFL or 7.0 on IELTS will be required to take an additional proficiency exam upon arrival.
- Minimum grade point average of 2.0 at the University of Augsburg
- Download all necessary information here .
- Master students must have completed their bachelor’s degree at the beginning of the exchange program, i.e., students must be at least in their first semester of master studies when going abroad.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) with a result of over 100 points (formally required after acceptance for exchange program; candidates applying with a valid TOEFL result preferred). For information on the TOEFL test click here.
- Download all necessary information here
- Next deadline for applications: November 30, 2021. Please apply via the Mobility Online tool on the website of the International Office.
- Next information session by the Center for International Relations: November 8, 2021. In the information session, more information on the exchange program and the application prerequisites will be available.
Pittsburgh Alumni Network
The alumni network, founded in 2017, is an excellent opportunity to stay in touch with other former exchange students. After the first alumni event in 2017, we will establish an annual "Meet & Greet" as part of the Faculty Day of the Faculty of Business & Economics (always the first Friday in July). Below you find some impressions of the first alumni event in 2017 and the "Meet & Greet 2018". Being a part of the exchange program with the Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business or the College of Business Administration therefore does not end with the semester abroad, but creates a sustainable network which is beneficial for both alumni and future exchange students.
The alumni network gives former and future exchange students the opportunity to contact each other.