First Steps in Augsburg
All information you will need for the first steps is included in our info sheet "First Steps". Print it out and take it to Augsburg with you.
Rental contract and moving into the dormitory
After arriving in Augsburg, you should go to the Studentenwerk's office as soon as possible and sign your rental contract. You should sign and pick up your contract before moving into the dormitory.
Foyer der Mensa (Geb. M1)
Mo - Fr 9:00 - 12:00 Uhr
Mo, Di, Do 13:00 - 14:00 Uhr
Tel. 0049 (0)821/ 598 4918
Fax 0049 (0)821/ 598 2878
After siging, you can move into your dormitory room. If you are unable to pick up your contract in person, you can also go directly to the dorm (e.g. on arrival in the afternoon or early evening). Please note: You can only move into your student residence on a weekday (Monday - Friday). Therefore, it may make sense to plan a few nights in a hostel, for example.
By 9 April, you (with the help of your tutor) must have completed the following steps
- Opening a bank account
- Bank transfer semester fees (if not already done)
- Conclusion of health insurance/confirmation of health insurance
- Validation Campus Card
Mandatory Orientation events - Winter Semester 2019/20
- WeltWeit Welcome Session: April 7, 2020
- Welcome Evening for International Students: April 15, 2020
- Orientation Day for International Students: April 16, 2020
- City Tour for International Students: April 18, 2020
- Introduction and German Placement Test (Language Center): tba, This introduction is mandatory for all students who will take German language courses at the Language Center.
Course Registration via Digicampus/ Time Table
Together with your tutor you register for your courses in Digicampus. Please read the following
Register with the city of Augsburg & apply for a residence permit if necessary (Hochschulbetreuungsstelle)
Within two weeks you must register with the city of Augsburg and possibly apply for your residence permit. Please also refer to the page of the Hochschulbetreuungsstelle.
Frau Ramona Krünes
Telephone: +49 821 598 – 5448
1 level, Building F2, Room 111
(Tram Line 1, Stop: Polizeipräsidium)
Monday: 8.00 - 12.30 Uhr
Tuesday: 8.00 - 12.30 Uhr
Thursday: 8.00 - 12.30 Uhr
Friday: 8.00 - 12.00 Uhr