Ingredients for the Mandorlini with Marzipan:
Makes about 25 servings:
- 200g marzipan paste
- 100g powdered sugar
- 75g brown cane sugar
- 150g peeled, ground almonds
- 25g flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 egg white
- 30g amaretto
- 75g almond flakes
- powedered sugar for decorating
- Knead all the ingredients except for the almond flakes and the powdered sugar for decorating together. Form balls with the size of about a walnut and roll them in the almond flakes.
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper, and bake them in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 10 minutes. They should not get too dark.
- Then, let them cool off, and sprinkle them with powdered sugar.
Youtube links to Christmas music from the Chair of Music Education at the University of Augsburg:
Song 1: "Du, komm zu mir" (trad.)
Song 2: Giovanni Battista Martini (1706-1784): Lauda Jerusalem
Song 3: Ignaz Franz von Beecke (1733 – 1803): Schlusschor aus "Die Auferstehung Jesu" (Oratorium, 1794)
Song 4: G. Ph. Telemann (1681-1767), Quadro in G-Dur für Blockflöte, Oboe, Violine und B.c. TWV 43:G6