Ingredients for the Mandorlini with Marzipan:
Makes about 25 servings:
- 200g marzipan paste
- 100g powdered sugar
- 75g brown cane sugar
- 150g peeled, ground almonds
- 25g flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 egg white
- 30g amaretto
- 75g almond flakes
- powedered sugar for decorating
- Knead all the ingredients except for the almond flakes and the powdered sugar for decorating together. Form balls with the size of about a walnut and roll them in the almond flakes.
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper, and bake them in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 10 minutes. They should not get too dark.
- Then, let them cool off, and sprinkle them with powdered sugar.
Youtube links to Christmas music from the Chair of Music Education at the University of Augsburg: