For questions and closer details please contact the respective group leader by e-mail.
Determination of characteristic values of fiber composites at
The research project aims to extend an existing testing setup for the determination of characteristic values of fiberreinforced plastics under cryogenic temperatures. The determination of characteristic values in the context of fracture mechanics under mode I and mode II loading represents a central challenge, which is intended to complement the already existing approaches for the determination of compression, tension and shear properties. Likewise, an approach for testing bonded joints at cryogenic conditions has to be developed.
More information can be found in the hyperlinked pdf: Determination of characteristic values of fiber composites at cryogenic temperatures
Robot-based materials testing
The aim is to develop a testing methodology for the experimental determination of stiffness and strength characteristics of fiber reinforced polymers using a 6-axis robot system. In order to perform a robot-based material characterization, different measurement systems are required. Of central importance is the recording of forces and movements. Therefore, an intermediate goal of this work is to merge the forces and moments applied by the robots with an external strain measurement system based on digital image correlation. The validation of the testing strategy is done with the help of a universal testing machine and numerical methods.
More information can be found in the hyperlinked pdf: Robot-based materials testing
At the Chair of Hybrid Composite Materials there are numerous possibilities to write a bachelor or master thesis.
The topics cover hybrid materials from composites of plastics to metal composites with a reinforcing phase of metallic glasses or ceramics.
If you are interested and for further information, please contact the respective research associate directly by e-mail (see link at the open position).
If the list of topics does not arouse your interest, but you would still like to do a thesis at our chair, please contact the respective group leader directly by e-mail: Team.
In addition, we regularly offer the opportunity to work in the laboratory as a hiwi job. If you are interested, please send an e-mail with a short letter of motivation directly to the respective research associate. Information on the respective research area can be found at Research.
Further offers can be found here: further offers
- Set-up and performance of InSitu-REM experiments on interpenetrating metal-ceramic composites (IMCC).
- Optimization of interfacial shear strength in shape memory polymer composites using laser gas nitration.
- Numerical modeling of 3D-printed Ni60Nb20Ta20 foams based on printing parameters and porosity investigation.
- Determination and investigation of thermal characteristics of 3D-printed Ni60Nb20Ta20 foams and their composites.
- Computed tomographic analysis of 3D-printed Ni60Nb20Ta20 foams.
- At the moment there are no simulative thesis to be awarded.
Research based Thesis
- At the moment there are no experimental thesis to be awarded.
- At the moment there are no constructive thesis to be awarded.