Interested in writing a bachelor or master thesis?
- You are interested in writing your thesis about a marketing-relevant topic.
- You are interested in high quality research and in combining scientific rigor with practical relevance.
- You have successfully participated in at least one of our lectures (New Media Marketing, Services Marketing, Value Based Marketing, Advanced Services Marketing or Advanced Value Based Marketing) and one of our seminars (ideally a research seminar). Participation in one of our seminars is not a requirement for master students studying "Global Business Management".
- In case of excess demand, bachelor/master students with an average grade of 2.5 or better will be preferred. Master students with an interest in an empirical thesis will also be preferred.
You can choose between writing your thesis either in English or in German.
Type of Theses
- A conceptual thesis might involve the identification and definition of additional constructs that are added to an already existing conceptual framework. Additional constructs might include new dependent, independent, mediating, and/or moderating variables. Conceptual theses may also integrate or review already existing knowledge on a particular topic.
- An empirical thesis might involve the empirical testing of theoretical relationships between constructs that have not previously been tested or investigating the psychometric properties of an existing measurement scale.
Bachelor students are encouraged to write a conceptual thesis within two months.
An application is obligatory. To apply for writing a bachelor thesis at our chair, you have to join the following group on Digicampus and upload your application there. Please note that the Digicampus group is used to manage all bachelor thesis applications of the faculty cluster "Strategy & Information". Additional information regarding the faculty cluster's central application process for admission to bachelor thesis is available on the cluster's website.
- Application deadline for Bachelor theses: November 8, 2020, 23.59h to apply for a thesis during the winter term
Please note that there will be a kick-off session for bachelor theses, in which topics and academic writing guidelines will be introduced. Further, there will be another meeting in seminar, in which all participants will present the structure of their theses and receive feedback from both their fellow students and supervisors.
- Kick-off seminar for Bachelor theses: tbd
- Seminar for presentations: tbd
Master students are allowed to choose between writing a conceptual thesis (four months) or an empirical thesis (six months). Master students should have experience with empirical studies or be interested in practicing empirical research.
To apply for writing a master thesis at our chair, please use the master thesis application form below. Note that incomplete applications will not be processed. You will be notified of acceptance or rejection via email one week after application deadline.
- Application deadline for Master theses: November 8, 2020, 23.59h to apply for a thesis during the summer term
As the start of writing time can be determined individually by master students, there will be no kick-off session for master theses. However, we offer several individually scheduled appointments during the writing time. If needed, a time plan can be set by the supervisor. If you missed to apply by the deadline, please contact Janina Kleine to ask for supervision possibilities of your master thesis.