Interested in writing a bachelor or master thesis?
- You are interested in writing your thesis about a marketing-relevant topic.
- You are interested in high quality research and in combining scientific rigor with practical relevance.
- You have successfully participated in at least one of our lectures (New Media Marketing: Principles, Services Marketing: Principles, Industrial Services Management, International Marketing, Advanced Services Marketing or Advanced Value Based Marketing) and if possible one of our seminars (ideally a research seminar).
- Bachelor students of „Global Business Management“ ideally participated in one of the lectures New Media Marketing: Principles or International Marketing and in our Strategy & Information seminar.
We ensure bachelor students, who have successfully participated in the seminar Strategy & Information of the chair, the supervision of their bachelor theses at the chair.
- Master students of „Global Business Management“ ideally participated in one of our lectures; participation in one of our seminars is not a requirement.
You can choose between writing your thesis either in English or in German.
Type of Theses
- A conceptual thesis might involve the identification and definition of additional constructs that are added to an already existing conceptual framework. Additional constructs might include new dependent, independent, mediating, and/or moderating variables. Conceptual theses may also integrate or review already existing knowledge on a particular topic.
- An empirical thesis might involve the empirical testing of theoretical relationships between constructs that have not previously been tested or investigating the psychometric properties of an existing measurement scale.
Please note that all topics can be worked on either in German or English.
List of current topics for master theses
Please note that all topics can be worked on either in German or English. Students are also encouraged to submit own topics for master theses.
Bachelor students are encouraged to write a conceptual thesis within two months.
An application is obligatory. To apply for writing a bachelor thesis at our chair, you have to join the following group on Digicampus and upload your application there. Please note that the Digicampus group is used to manage all bachelor thesis applications of the faculty cluster "Strategy, Marketing & Management". Additional information regarding the faculty cluster's central application process for admission to bachelor thesis is available on the cluster's website.
- Application deadline for Bachelor theses: October 23, 2022, 23.59h to apply for a thesis during the winter term
- Kick-off seminar for Bachelor theses: November 03, 2022, 2 p.m. - 4 p.m., J 2102
- Seminar for presentations: November 25, 2022, 10 a.m. - 5:15 p.m., J 2102
Bachelor Theses Process
The assignment to the chair and the assignment of topics will take place in the second week of lectures. The kickoff session for bachelor theses in the third week of lectures introduces the basics of scientific working and academic writing guidelines. In the interim presentations participants will present the state of their theses and receive feedback from both their fellow students and supervisors. During the writing process participants will review each others introductions. Towards the mid of writing time an Q&A will take place to clarify any questions about for example layout, submission or specific writing problems.
Master students are allowed to choose between writing a conceptual thesis (four months) or an empirical thesis (six months). Master students should have experience with empirical studies or be interested in practicing empirical research.
To apply for writing a master thesis at our chair, please use the master thesis application form below. Note that incomplete applications will not be processed. You will be notified of acceptance or rejection via email one week after application deadline.
- Application deadline for Master theses: October 23, 2022, 23.59h to apply for a thesis during the winter term
As the start of writing time can be determined individually by master students, there will be no kickoff session for master theses. However, we offer several individually scheduled appointments during the writing time. If needed, a time plan can be set by the supervisor. If you missed to apply by the deadline, please contact Janne Skamel to ask for supervision possibilities of your master thesis.