Welcome to American Studies!
American Studies at Augsburg University builds on an understanding of the United States as shaped by transnational and transcultural processes, both in the present and in the past. This entails a conception of American Studies as North American Studies, which means that beyond our focus on US-American literatures and cultures, other texts produced in the Americas – such as ones originating from Canada or the borderlands between the United States and Mexico – are an integral part of our teaching and research.
Exam Registration Winter 2020/2021
Important information about exam registration
- Registration in STUDIS:
The regular deadline for registering for exams in the 2020/2021 winter semester: January 7th, 2021 to January 18th, 2021 (12:00 noon).
- Please be sure to register for all exams that will then appear in STUDIS.
- Students WITHOUT exam registration in the STUDIS exam administration system are only allowed to take exams if they have registered with the examination office by email within the registration period (registration and de-registration phase) , i.e. for technical reasons.
- The application for late registration is ONLY possible in EXCEPTIONAL CASES and in the case of negligence through no fault of your own, upon submission of appropriate evidence (reason for the failure) within 2 weeks of the examination registration phase to the respective examination board (by letter of the application to the examination office).
- The student must submit such a "report to the examination office" by e-mail (printout) or with a screen shot (printout) to the examination supervisor (for an exam, oral examination, etc.) or the examiner (at A term paper, portfolio, etc.) without being asked to do so. Participation in the corresponding examination is then subject to “reservation.” After the examination, the student must contact the examination office to subsequently register in the system and enter the examination performance.
- You can find more detailed information on the website of the examination office.
- From the beginning of winter term 2020/2021, the secretary American Studies can be reached again by phone; at the following times:
13:00 till 15:30 h
13:00 till 15:30 h
08:00 till 11:00 h
- Please note: Short-term changes are still possible
- Furthr possibility to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that there may be delays in processing due to the current situation. We do our best to keep you up to date and to deal with your concerns.
Prof. Sarkowsky's regular office hours take place on Tuesdays, 11-12, via zoom.
Please register by the previous Monday 12 noon via email to Mrs. Tausend (email@example.com).
Please breifly indicate the topic that you would like to talk about (e.g. term paper, thesis, etc.).
The link for the session will be sent to you by Tuesday morning."
All further attendance hours are temporarily suspended or canceled. Information about virtual office hours (if planned) can be found on the pages of the individual lecturers. In urgent cases, please send an email directly to the respective lecturer.
Lectures and more
Große Werke der Literatur XVI, Winter term 20/21
in collaboration with Stadtbücherei Augsburg.
Due to current hygiene regulations, we ask for binding reservations for the presentations. Please register under firstname.lastname@example.org
The lectures will also be streamed online. Please also register to participate from home.