- Political Communication
- Alternative Publics
- Digital Communication
- Scientific Communication
DFG project: "Alternative Media - Alternative Publics - Alternative Realities? Users and modes of use of alternative media and their significance in the media repertoire over the course of time" (2021-2024).
Under the direction of Dr. Christian Schwarzenegger
Presentations and publications
- Schöppl, K., Schwarzenegger, C. (2022). The theft of counter-publics? Rethinking conceptual and methodological challenges for affective publics of resistance after the Corona-Pandemic. Presentation at the annual meeting of the European Communication Research and Education Association (ECREA). October 20, 2022. Aarhus, Denmark.
- Huber, B., Schreiber, M., Schöppl, K. (2022). Visual science communication on social media: Exploring self-presentation and communication strategies of science communicators on Instagram. Presentation at the annual meeting of the European Communication Research and Education Association (ECREA). October 20, 2022. Aarhus, Denmark.
- Schöppl, K. (2022). Conceptual amiguities, historical peculiarities, theoretical complexities. A bottom-up approach to rethink Alternative Media & Counter Public Spheres. Presentation at the meeting of the ECREA Communication History Section Preconference. October 7, 2022. Zoom.
- Schöppl, K. (2022). "Homeland Security Instead of Face Masks!" Populist Politicization of democracy, science, public health & freedom of expression in times of Covid-19. Lecture at the annual conference of the Italian Political Communication Association. July 1, 2022. Bologna, Italy.
Summer semester 2022:
"Alternative Media, Counterpublics & Counterpublic Spheres. Theoretical Approaches and Conceptual Explorations" (BA advanced seminar)
Winter semester 2022/23:
"Resistance, Riot and Remmidemmi - Emotionalization and Engagement in Affective Public Spheres" (BA advanced seminar)
Memberships and functions
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Publizistik und Kommunikationswissenschaft (DGPuK)
- European Communication Research and Education Association (ECREA)
- International Communication Association (ICA)
- Since 12/2021: Research assistant at the Institute for Media, Knowledge and Communication at the University of Augsburg.
- 05/2022 - 08/2022: Project work within a study on the self-presentation of scientists on social media (University of Salzburg, University of Vienna)
- 06/2021 - 07/2021: Project work within the international-comparative study "Mediated Parent Networks" at the University of Surrey under the direction of Dr. Christine Trültzsch-Wijnen (project leader for Austria)
- 03/2021 - 06/2021: Tutor for the lecture "Theories of Communication Studies" (University of Salzburg)
- 10/2020 - 06/2021: Staff member in the department "Media Use and Digital Cultures" (University of Salzburg)
2019 - 06/2022: Master of Arts in Political Science at the University of Salzburg
2019 - 09/2021: Master of Arts in Communication Science at the University of Salzburg
- 10/2018 - 06/2019: Tutor in the department "Transcultural Communication".
- 02/2017 - 05/2017: Diplôme d'Université "Business Administration" at the IUT Université Grenoble Alpes
- 2015 - 2019: Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies at the University of Salzburg
- 2015 - 2019: Bachelor of Arts in Political Science at the University of Salzburg
"Friends of Kowi Award" for Master's Thesis in Communication Studies