Tomas Novy M.A.
Tomas Novy was a staff member at the Media Reality Research Unit from 2020 to 2022. Since June 2022 he has been working at the University of Ulm at ZAWiW and continues to work at the Verschwörhaus Ulm.
- Sociology of film art, tv shows and media
- Game Studies
- Digital art
- Critical theory
Seminars and Lectures
- Besser als Kino? Quality-TV im 21. Jahrhundert (BA Vertiefung Medienrealität)
- Grundlagen des kommunikationswissenschaftlichen Arbeitens II (BA Propädeutik / Lektürekurs)
- Code hard, play hard: Indie-Game Developer in Deutschland (BA-Methoden-/Forschungsseminar)
- Grundlagen des kommunikationswissenschaftlichen Arbeitens (BA-Einführungsseminar)
Tomas Novy has been a research assistant at the Media Reality Group at the Institute for Media, Knowledge and Communication (imwk) at the University of Augsburg since September 2020. His doctoral project deals with the "Autonomous Aesthetics of Indie Games between high and low culture".
Since May 2019, he has also been coordinating and designing the program of the Jugend hackt Labs in the urban makerspace "Verschwörhaus" in Ulm as Lab-Lead. From October 2019 to June 2020 he was a lecturer for sociology at the Aicher-Scholl-Kolleg.
He studied sociology (B.A.) at the Chemnitz University of Technology and social theory (M.A.) at the Friedrich Schiller University in Jena.