Additional subject "Intercultural Pedagogy"
Intercultural education is of particular relevance against the background of the globally expanding number of migrants. The unequal distribution of cultural, social and economic capital represents a central challenge for pedagogical action. As a cross-sectional task that affects all pedagogical sub-disciplines, intercultural pedagogy starts at this point.
The additional subject focuses on the training and acquisition of basic theoretical knowledge as well as research and action-related competences. The development of self-reflexivity as a central component of intercultural competence is in the focus here.
Application and deadlines
Requirements for participation
- However, it is recommended to take the additional subject only from the fourth semester onwards.
- The specialisation module 2 can only be taken after the specialisation module 1 has been successfully completed.
Application and application deadline
- Application from 22.06. to 29.07.2021 by email with name and matriculation number to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participation will be decided by lottery. The allocation will be communicated promptly (by mid-August).
Limitation of participation
- There are currently 25 places available per year group.
- It is NOT possible to study Intercultural Education as a "second additional subject" or "additional performance", but only as a first additional subject.
The additional subject consists of three seminars (18 ECTS in total)
In the summer semester
- Advanced Module 1: Fundamentals of Intercultural Pedagogy
- One seminar
- Oral examination
In the winter semester
- Advanced Module 2: Advanced Studies
- Two seminars
- Term paper