Five computer rooms are available in the faculty.
These rooms are used, among other things, for training (e.g., by the Learning and Service Center). However, they are also freely accessible to all faculty students and, thanks to the extensive software provided, they can also be used for seminars as well as for Bachelor [F1] or Master theses. In one of the five rooms, the quiet computer room R1511, you can work in a quiet atmosphere.
The contact for the computer rooms is the it.WiWi team in room 2112.
The computer rooms are open from Monday - Friday, from 8:00 am to 9:30 pm (including semester vacations).
The rooms can be freely used by students, provided an event is not being held in them.
The computer rooms are open from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm on Saturdays.
The computer rooms are closed on Sundays and public holidays.
Quiet computer rooms
The quiet computer rooms in room 1511 is in the western part of the faculty and enables students to concentrate and to work on their studies in peace and quiet.
Unlike the other four computer rooms, group work/discussions, and private activities are not allowed in these rooms.
The sound level in the quiet computer room is recorded and visualized by a sound level meter to control the loudness in the room.
Here you can find out how to print in the computer rooms.
Descriptions of the C, D, H, K, S, and U drives on the computers can be found on the following page:
- Eating and drinking are not allowed in the computer rooms.
- Software may not be installed on the computers or copied from the computers.
- Negligent or even deliberate interruption of the ongoing operation is prohibited.
- Any attempt to acquire unlawful access to unauthorized drives or programs is prohibited.
- No external devices may be connected or drivers installed. Connected devices will be confiscated immediately.
Exception: Passive USB devices (e.g., USB sticks) may be connected to the workstations, provided they do not need any special drivers.
- User IDs and passwords may not be disclosed to third parties.
- Distributing files with dubious content (pornography, left or right-wing extremist information, ...) is prohibited.
- Please report any deficits such as technical defects, accidentally received information or identified security loopholes to the Computing Officer or an IT staff member immediately.
- Any type of interception of data transmissions
- Browsing through third-party data
- Forwarding accidentally received information via computers and people
- Intentional breach of the integrity of the information available on the network
- Overloading the networks through excessive dissemination of information
All users of the computer rooms undertake to comply with these rules. Failure to follow the rules can result in irrevocable withdrawal of your RZ user ID. This also applies if other users use this account and breach the behavior rules.
We also point out that all network activities are logged.
Each breach will be reported to the university administration and may lead to prosecution.
It should look like this:
Not like this: