Graduate School for Humanities and Social Sciences (GGS)
Find out more about the structure of the Graduate School for Humanities and Social Sciences and its current team
Soon offering workshops, writing sessions and network-meetings for the participants of the Graduate School
Get an overview of all current doctoral projects
We invite you to be part of our Graduate School and offer you different graduate programs to choose from
From application to final funding: Here you will find information and forms you need at our graduate school
Writing your doctoral research study with some structure
All graded doctoral programs are designed to run for three years, which can be extended to a maximum of five years.
Advantages of being part of the GGS group:
- Intensive supervision by a supervisor group of up to three qualified university lecturers
- Cross-faculty events and course offers for comprehensive qualification
- Possibility to use a workplace on site or to rent a laptop
- Network and exchange with doctoral students from other disciplines
- Assistance in organizing conferences and lectures
- Possible grants
The Graduate School organizes scientific method seminars and workshops for professional and interpersonal qualifications. For the particular doctoral programs we provide courses, a series of lectures, (inter) disciplinary colloquia, passive and active conference participation as well as guided teaching experience.
At the end of your participation, a certificate is issued for all events completed as part of the doctorate.
phone: +49 821 598-5711
office hours: mon wed thur from 10:30 am to 3:30 pm
room number: 1007
Building: BCM (Alter Postweg 101)