- Secondary school leaving certificate (middle school, high school, etc.)
- Where applicable, university degree certificate, academic transcript (including an overview of subjects taken and grades), or university entrance examination.
- APS certificate for certificates issued in China, India, and Vietnam
- Certificate from the office for the recognition of non-German certificates and diplomas (Zeugnisanerkennungsstelle). This is mandatory for applications for human medicine ( Humanmedizin)!
- For doctoral degrees, in addition to degree certificates, confirmation of doctoral supervision including a statement about whether German language skills are necessary or sufficient.
If the above documents are neither in German nor English, a certified translation of all documents by a sworn translator in Germany must be submitted.
COPIES will only be accepted if the originals are presented or if the documents are officially certified. Official certifications can be issued by
- a city/municipal administrator,
- a notary,
- other seal-bearing institutions (such as the parish offices), or
- the institution that issued the certificate.