Applying with a foreign higher education entrance qualification
If you are applying for a degree programme with a foreign higher education entrance qualification or an International Baccalaureate Diploma, you will need a letter of admission (Zulassungsbescheid) from the Registrar’s Office (Studierendenkanzlei) before you can enrol.
For more detailed information on how to apply, click on the links below:
- Erasmus+/WeltWeit/other exchange programmes/Freemover (This applies to applicants who are enrolled at a foreign university and would like to study at the University of Augsburg for only one or two semesters.)
- Part-time degree programmes for working professionals
- Music (Bachelor/Master of Music)
- Miscellaneous master’s degree programmes
- Human Medicine
If you would like to apply for a bachelor’s degree programme, a state examination, or a doctorate, please apply following the 3 steps below. This also applies if an entrance assessment examination (Feststellungsprüfung) from a preparatory college (Studienkolleg) is required or has already been passed.
- Enter your data in the online form (see below).
- Print out the PDF, complete the admission request (Antrag auf Zulassung), and sign it.
- Submit the following documents to the address listed below:
-> a completed and signed copy of the admission request (Antrag auf Zulassung) by the relevant deadline ( click here for more information),
-> officially certified copies of your certificates,
-> confirmation that your foreign education certificates have been reviewed and recognised (Vorprüfungsdokumentation),
-> where necessary, confirmation of German language skills (also applies to German nationals!)
-> a copy of your passport,
-> a copy of your CV.
Submit your documents to the following address:
University of Augsburg, Studierendenkanzlei, Universitätsstr. 2, 86159 Augsburg
For more information, click here .
Applications for degree programmes with restricted admission (Numerus Clausus NC) or that involve an aptitude assessment process or test must be submitted with all the necessary documentation by the 15th of July 2023.
- Applications for open admission degree programmes (not NC) without an aptitude assessment process or test can be submitted up until the middle of September 2023 at the latest, where applicants already have evidence of sufficient German language skills required by the degree programme and do not need to attend a preparatory college (Studienkolleg).
You need to register with Hochschulstart.de for the following degree programmes (with NC) before applying:
- Betriebswirtschaftslehre B.Sc.
- Geographie B.Sc.
- Global Business Management B.Sc.
- Medien und Kommunikationswissenschaft B.A.
- Medizinische Informatik B.Sc.
- Rechts- und Wirtschaftswissenschaften B.Sc.
- Rechtswissenschaft (Staatsprüfung)
- Sozialwissenschaften B.A.
- Wirtschaftsinformatik B.Sc.
- Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen B.Sc.