SKAD Summer School (in English)
The next Summer School SKAD (held in English) takes place on July 29-31, 2024 at the University of Augsburg.
The Summer School SKAD builds on the broad international interest in SKAD and introduces core issues of the concrete doing and practice of SKAD based discourse research. It addresses colleagues from the social sciences and the broad range of the humanities who are interested in learning about SKAD and its profile within the field of discourse studies as well as in doing SKAD research/using SKAD methodologies in their own discourse-oriented research.
It will discuss the following topics:
- What is at stake when using SKAD in discourse research?
- SKAD theory: discourses & dispositifs – and how to conceptualise them
- Research questions and conceptual tools in SKAD
- The methodology of interpretive analytics
- Getting into the field: methods of data collection and analysing data
- Getting out of the field: from data analysis to comprehensive diagnostics
- Discussion of participants’ research
- Special interest sessions (optional): SKAD applications in sociology and the humanities & SKAD application in political science
Information about the next networkmeeting „The Sociology of Knowledge Approach to Discourse“ will follow soon.
If you are interested in participating or presenting your own SKAD-based dissertation or project, please write to the organisers at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to the discussion of work-in-progress, empirical material can also be brought in and worked on together. There are no formal requirements for "membership" or any other obligations. Participation is also free of charge for all. A maximum of six projects will be discussed at the meeting, each within a very generous time frame of 60 minutes. In addition, there will be the opportunity to discuss general and specific questions in an open space. Proposals for this can be submitted in advance by e-mail.
Organisation: Noemi Trucco & Tessa-Marie Menzel