Evidence of German language skills B2

Evidence of German language skills at B2 level

The following certificates are recognised as evidence of sufficient German language skills at B2 level at the University of Augsburg:


  • Secondary school leaving certificate (Mittlere Reife) from a school with German as the language of instruction. If you possess a German higher education entrance qualification (Hochschulreife), you can apply as a “Bildungsinländer.
  • Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang ausländischer Studienbewerber*innen (DSH) (German language test for the admission of foreign applicants to universities)
  • TestDaF ( German as a foreign language test), at least level 3 in all four parts of the examination
  • Entrance assessment examination certificate (Feststellungsprüfung, FSP) from a preparatory college (Studienkolleg), examination part in German
  • Language diploma of the conference of ministers of education and cultural affairs (Kultusministerkonferenz), level II (DSD II)
  • B2 level language certificate from the Goethe Institute
  • telc certificate in German B2
  • telc certificate in German B2-C1 (Medizin) (B2 in all parts of the examination)
  • German language diploma (either small or large) awarded by the Goethe Institute on behalf of Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (KDS, GDS)
  • Deutsche Sprachprüfung II of the Sprachen- und Dolmetscher-Institut München
  • Österreichisches Sprachdiplom Deutsch (ÖSD), Certificate B2
  • UNIcert, level II

Further information on individual language examinations can be found at:




The original or an officially certified copy of the original certificate must be submitted by the official application deadline. For degree programmes with NC, this is the 15th of January 2024.



For degree programmes without NC, you can also apply with a recognised B1 certificate by the 15th of January. In this case, you will receive a conditional admission with an invitation to undertake our German language test for university admission ( Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang, DSH).

A recognised B2 certificate must then be submitted at the latest before enrolment (that is, probably in March).