Evidence of German language skills (C1)

Evidence of German language skills at C1 level. For admission to an entrance assessment examination at a preparatory college (Studienkolleg), evidence of B2 level German language skills is sufficient.

The following certificates are recognised as evidence of sufficient German language skills at C1 level at the University of Augsburg:


  • Secondary school leaving certificate (Abitur) from a school with German as the language of instruction. If you possess a German higher education entrance qualification (Hochschulreife), you can apply as a “Bildungsinländer or Bildungsinländerin”.
  • Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang ausländischer Studienbewerber und -bewerberinnen (DSH) (German language test for the admission of foreign applicants to universities), level 2 or 3
  • TestDaF ( German as a foreign language test), level 4 or 5 in all four areas of the examination
  • Entrance assessment examination certificate (Feststellungsprüfung, FSP) from a preparatory college (Studienkolleg), examination part in German
  • Language diploma of the conference of ministers of education and cultural affairs (Kultusministerkonferenz), level II (DSD II)
  • C1 level language certificate from the Goethe Institute
  • telc certificate German C1 (Hochschule)
  • telc certificate German B2-C1 (Medizin), C1 in all parts of the examination
  • German language diploma (either small or large) awarded by the Goethe Institute on behalf of Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (KDS, GDS)
  • Deutsche Sprachprüfung II of the Sprachen- und Dolmetscher-Institut München
  • Österreichisches Sprachdiplom Deutsch (ÖSD), Certificate C1
  • UNIcert, level III

Further information on individual language examinations can be found via the link below:




The original or an officially certified copy of the original certificate must be submitted by the official application deadline. The deadline for degree programmes with NC is the 15th of July 2024.



For degree programmes without NC, you can also apply with a recognised B2 certificate by the 15th of July. In this case, you will receive a conditional admission with an invitation to undertake our German language test for university admission ( Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang, DSH).

A recognised C1 certificate must then be submitted at the latest before enrolment (that is, probably in September).