Born in Nuremberg, Germany. Completed teacher studies at the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg and the University of Munich. Doctoral degree in Psychology from the University of Munich (2001). Scientific research associate at the University of Munich, the University of Frankfurt and Ulm University (1998-2002). Research assistant at Ulm University for the Institute of Education and Psychology (2002-2008). Habilitation at the University of Munich within the Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences (2008). Visiting professor for empirical teaching and learning research at the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg (2007-2008). Full professor for Psychology at the University of Augsburg (since 2008). Member of numerous scientific associations, reviewer boards and research groups. Principal investigator of several research projects (funded by DFG / German Research Foundation, BMBF / Federal Ministry of Education and Research, and others). Over one hundred journal articles, book chapters, and books completed. Dean of studies (2014-2015), vice-dean (2015-2017) and dean (2017-2019) of the Faculty of Philosophy and Social Sciences at the University of Augsburg.
- Motivation and motivational training in educational settings
- Self-regulated learning in school and higher education contexts
- Associations of academic achievement with gender and ethnic and social backgrounds
- Teacher training and teachers’ professional development
- Evaluation and development of instructional quality at school and university
ORCID | Google Scholar | ResearchGate
|Forschungsseminar Psychologie||summer semester 2023||Seminar|