About the CCR
The centre for climate resilience (CCR) at the University of Augsburg was founded at the end of 2020. The research centre is dedicated to research and scientific communication with an interdisciplinary approach in the field of climate resilience. The aim is to develop scientific foundations and to develop holistic and implementable strategies at a regional, national and international level,thus showing options for adaptations to the inevitable consequences of climate change.
In the following you can find out more about the development, orientation and structure of the CCR.
The existing disciplinary, interdisciplinary and international expertise in the field of climate resilience at the University of Augsburg will be complemented by a total of ten new professorships. Seven new professorships will be established through the High-Tech Agenda of Bavaria:
- University Professorship for Urban Climate Resilience
- University Professorship for Political Science with a Focus on Climate Policy
- University Professorship for Environmental Sociology with Focus on Socio-ecological Transformation, Resilience Design and Climate
- University Professorship for Resilient Operations
- University Professorship for Climate Resilience of Human-made Ecosystems
- University Professorship for Environmental Economics
- University Professorship for Public Law and Crisis Resilience
The following professorship will be administered with funds from the Faculty of Economics:
- University Professorship for Climate Finance
These will be extended by two further professorships within the framework of the research focus Environmental Health Sciences:
- University Professorship for Health System Resilience
- University Professorship for Climate Change and Global Health
Development of the Centre for Climate Resilience
13th of May 2022
Advisory board elections at the third general meeting of the ZfK.
The Centre moves in the new building (I on campus).
Founding of the working group Science Communication and Transfer.
Appointment of the founding board: Prof. Dr. Harald Kunstmann (director); Prof. Dr. Axel Tuma; Prof. Dr. Claudia Traidl-Hoffmann; Prof. Dr. Elke Hertig; Dr. Anja Kalch (press release: 06/25/2021).
Foundation of the Centre for Climate Resilience at the University of Augsburg.