|04/2022 to present||Professor of Climate Finance at the University of Augsburg|
|08/2017 to 03/2022||Assistant Professor of Operations Research and Computational Finance at the University St. Gallen|
|01/2013 to 07/2017||Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the Department of Finance at the University of Regensburg|
|01/2014 to 06/2014||Visiting Scholar at the Department of Finance, Terry College of Business, University of Georgia, Athens (GA)|
|01/2009 to 12/2012||Teaching and Research Fellow at the Department of Finance at the University of Regensburg|
|08/2011||Guest Researcher Program for young researchers of the CRC 649 (economic risk) at the Humboldt-University Berlin, Berlin|
|10/2004 to 09/2009||Diploma in Mathematics at the University of Augsburg|
Climate Finance, Sustainable Finance, Asset Management, Multi-Criteria Decision Making
AWARDS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Since 2022: Member of the Sustainable Finance Research Platform ( Wissenschaftsplattform Sustainable Finance)
HSG Impact Award 2021 ( Video)
WirtschaftsWoche BWL Ranking 2021 (Top 100 under 40, BWL): ranked 70th
LIFE Climate Foundation Liechtenstein Impact Award 2019
Shin Research Excellence Award 2019
Best Paper Award at the Green Summit 2018 at the University of Liechtenstein
- T. Bauckloh, S. Schaltegger, S. Utz, S. Zeile, and B. Zwergel (2021). Active first movers vs. late free-riders? An empirical analysis of UN PRI signatories' commitment, Journal of Business Ethics, forthcoming. (open access)
G. Dorfleitner, S. Utz, and R. Zhang (2021). The pricing of green bonds: external reviews and the shades of green, Review of Managerial Science, forthcoming. (open access)
- D. V. Fauser and S. Utz (2021). Risk Mitigation of Corporate Social Performance in US Class Action Lawsuits, Financial Analysts Journal, 77(2), 43–65.
- S. Utz, M. Wimmer, and R. E. Steuer (2015). Tri-Criterion Modeling for Constructing More-Sustainable Mutual Funds, European Journal of Operational Research, 246(1), 331–338.
- S. Utz, M. Wimmer, M. Hirschberger, and R. E. Steuer (2014). Tri-criterion inverse portfolio optimization with application to socially responsible mutual funds, European Journal of Operational Research, 234(2), 491–498.
M. Hirschberger, R. E. Steuer, S. Utz, M. Wimmer, and Y. Qi (2013). Computing the Nondominated Surface in Tri-Criterion Portfolio Selection, Operations Research, 61(1), 169–183.
G. Dorfleitner and S. Utz (2012). Safety first portfolio choice based on financial and sustainability returns, European Journal of Operational Research, 221(1), 155–164.
(see the full list of publications here)