Mirjam Dür's CV
04/1996 - 04/1999: University of Trier, Germany. Doktoral Studies in Applied Mathematics at the graduate school Graduiertenkolleg "Mathematische Optimierung".
12 April 1999: PhD in Mathematics, Thesis: Duality in Global Optimization: Optimality Conditions and Algorithmical Aspects. Referees: Reiner Horst (Trier) and Jean-Baptiste Hiriart-Urruty (Toulouse).
University of Vienna, Austria. Studies of Mathematics and French language, Master Mathematics.
Thesis: Nonparametric Regression, Advisor: Georg Pflug.
- 10/2017 - present: Full professor (W3), Department of Mathematics, University of Augsburg
- 10/2011 - 09/2017: Full professor (W3), Department of Mathematics, University of Trier
- 02/2009 - 09/2011: Universitair Docent and Rosalind Franklin Fellow, Department of Mathematics of Rijksuniversiteit Groningen, The Netherlands.
- 12/2002 - 01/2009: Junior Professor of Optimization, Department of Mathematics of TU Darmstadt, Germany.
- 06/1998 - 12/2002: Assistant Professor (Universitätsassistentin), Department of Statistics of Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration, Austria.
- 1994-96: Teaching Assistant, University of Vienna, Austria.
Honors and Awards
Grants and Fellowships
- 2016: co-PI, DFG-Research Training Group (Graduiertenkolleg) Algorithmic Optimization at the University of Trier, funded by the German Research Foundation ( DFG)
- 2012: GIF Research grant for the project Completely positive and copositive matrices (together with Abraham Berman and Naomi Shaked Monderer), funded by the German-Israeli Foundation for Scientific Research and Development (GIF).
- 2010: VICI grant by the Dutch Organisation for Scientific Research ( NWO)
- 2009: Rosalind Franklin Fellowship by the University of Groningen, The Netherlands
- 2003: Fulbright Research Fellowship by the Austrian-American Educational Commission (Fulbright Commission)
- 2013-2015: yearly research visits to Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel.
- 05/2012: Visiting professor at Laboratoire de Recherche en Informatique (LRI), Université Paris Sud
- 10/2010: Faculty of Information Studies, Novo Mesto, Slovenia
- 06/2009 and 12/2009: Université Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France
- 10/2007: Tilburg University, The Netherlands.
- 06/2007: University of Iowa, Iowa City, USA.
- 03/2003 - 06/2003: Fulbright Research Scholar, Industrial Engineering School, University of Washington, Seattle, USA.