Application and Registration
- Bachelor's (or equivalent) degree with significant focus on English linguistics and/or English and American literary studies
- English language skills on level C1/C2 CFR (international students must submit a standardized certificate such as IELTS or TOEFL; a first degree from an English-speaking country may be accepted in lieu of such a certificate); only exception: Native Speakers
- for international students, certification of German skills on level A1 CFR
- Under certain circumstances one of these documents can be submitted after the deadline
Frequently Asked Questions
- "My first university degree is from a country that is not German- or English-speaking. I have documentation from that country to prove my English skills / I have majored in English / I have taught English for several years. Do you still require an international standardized test such as IELTS or TOEFL?"
- "Can I learn German while studying in the program?"
Answer: The university does offer German courses that you could take on the side, but you need to meet the A1 CFR German requirement in order to be admitted in the first place.
→ If you have other questions about the application requirements, please contact the program coordinator.
for the summer semester: March 1st
for the winter semester: September 1st
International applicants should submit their application at least six weeks ahead of these deadlines via our Online Portal. Otherwise you might not obtain your visa in time to take up your studies at Augsburg.
What you need for enrollment:
- letter of admission (sent to you after approval)
- proof of health insurance
- transfer slip documenting the paid administrative fee
- proof of a residential address in Germany (international students only)
Registration takes place at the Studentenkanzlei (student administration office). At matriculation (enrollment) you will receive:
- enrollment data sheet
- computer login (RZ-Benutzerkennung)