Internationalisation and international cooperations
The Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences supports the internationalisation of early career researchers and works on long-term structures to promote international exchange and cooperation in the humanities and social sciences.
International Graduate Network for European Cultural Studies (IGNECS)
From November 3rd to 5th, the Impulse Conference "Taking the Bull by the Horns: Humanities and Social Science Perspectives on the Idea of Europe" took place at the University of Augsburg, organized by the Graduate School for Humanities and Social Sciences. The conference resulted in the establishment of an European network focused on cultural studies, which is going to regularly host international conferences and summer schools for young researchers.
The following five European universities are currently involved in this network:
- University of Augsburg (GGS, Prof. Bettina Bannasch, Dr. Theresia Dingelmaier)
- University of Bucharest (Prof. Raluca Radulescu)
- Mary Immaculate College/University of Limerick (Irish Center for Transnational Studies, Dr. Sabine Egger)
- University of Santiago de Compostela (International PhD School EDIUS, Prof. Maria Jose Lopez Couso, Maria Lopez Gimenez)
- University of Verona (PhD programme 'Philology, Literature, and Performance Studies', Prof. Massimo Natale, Prof. Fabio Forner)
At the confernece in November, following an inspiring keynote by author Lena Gorelik, doctoral candidates from the five participating European universities exchanged ideas about their research projects and potential collaborations.
Photos of the conference