PhD student at Chair for Physical Geography and Quantitative Methods, Institute of Geography, University of Augsburg-Germany
Program Leader/ Sr. Engineer (Water) at Pakistan Agricultural Research Council (PARC), Islamabad-Pakistan.
Borlaug Fellowship For International Agricultural Science and Technology Award (Watershed Rehabilitation and Irrigation Improvements) CSU, USA.
Student for Master of Water Resources Management from The University of Melbourne-Australia
Scientific Officer (Water) at Pakistan Agricultural Research Council (PARC), Islamabad-Pakistan
Student of M.Sc. (Water Resources Management) from Centre of Excellence in Water Resources Engineering (CEWRE), The University of Engineering & Technology Lahore (UET)-Pakistan.
Student of B.Sc. Agricultural Engineering from The University of Agriculture-Faisalabad (UAF)- Pakistan.
A. THESIS SUPERVISED
- Waqar, Yasir, M. (2013). Wastewater Analysis for Management in Urban Setting of Rawal Watershed Area. A Postgraduate Research Thesis Supervised during 2013 for partial fulfilment of the requirements of M.Phill Degree in Natural Resources Management (Water Resources Management) for The University of Agriculture Peshawar, Pakistan.
- Abbasi, Aftab, U. (2012). Impact Of Various Vegetation Types At Micro-Catchment Scale On Water Conservation In Murree Hills. A Postgraduate Level Research Thesis supervised as Supervisory Committee Member for Partial Fulfilment of the requirement of M.Phill in Forestry and Range Management at PMAS Aird Agriculture University, Rawalpindi-Pakistan.
- Saeed, A.M. (2012). Assessment of Landuse Change For Rawal Watershed Management Using Remot Sensing and GIS. A Postgraduate Research Thesis Supervised as Supervisory Committee Member during 2013 for partial fulfilment of the requirements of M.Phill Degree in Natural Resources Management (Water Resources Management) for The University of Agriculture Peshawar.
B. RESEARCH PAPERS
- Khan, M. Azeam. Muhammad Saleem Pomee & Jon Fripp (2015). “Moving Towards Climate Smart Agriculture in Rainfed Farming Systems of Pakistan: A Case Study of Potential Utilization of Rainwater through Solar Powered High Efficiency Irrigation Systems”. A research Paper submitted for Global Conference on Environmental Science and Renewable Energy (GCESRE-2015)- London-UK during Jan 2015 (in Printing).
- Pomee, M.S. Jon F. M. Yasin, Aysa T & Otto, G. (2013). Potential Evaluation of Fixed PV Driven Submersible Pumping Unit to Optimize Irrigation Operation at Fatehjang-Pakistan. A research paper (in printing).
- Pomee, M.S. Jon F. M. Yasin, Aysa T & Otto, G. (2014). Improving Food Security under Rainfed Conditions Through Integration of Appropriate Irrigation Technologies with Solar Pumping System: A case study from Fatehjang-Pakistan. A research paper in process of development for publication in Journal of Agricultural Water Management (in Printing).
- Ahmad, M. Munir. Qurban Hussain, Muhamamd Saleem Pomee. (2014). “Smart Water Management. A Book Chapter accepted for publication in Smart Agriculture: An Approach Towards Better Agriculture, an OMICS online eBooks series. .
- M.S. Pomee, M.M.A., M.Y.Waqr, B.Ahmad, K.B. Soomro, & M. Yasin. (2014). Estimation and Analysis of Wastewater for Management in Urbanized Rawal Watershed Area of Islamabad-Pakistan. A research Article Accepted for publication in International Journal of Applied Sciences and Technology (IJAST). Philadelphia, PA, 19104- USA.
- Adnan, M. G. Nabi and Muhammad Saleem Pomee (2014). Modelling Snowmelt Runoff in Upper Indus Basin under Changing Climatic Patterns: A Case Study from Gilgit River Subcatchment of Pakistan. A research Paper submitted for publications in International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR)-India during August 2014.
- Arshad, A, R. Naz, A. Wahab, Bashir A., M. Yasin and Muhammad Saleem (2014). Assessment of Landuse Change and its impacts on Watershed Hydrology Using Remote Sensing and SWAT Modelling Techniques-A Case Study of Rawal Watershed In Pakistan. A paper published in International Journal of Applied Sciences (IJAST), Vol 2, issue 2, pp: 61-67 2014 at Meerut, UP, India.
- Pomee, M.S. and H.F. Gabrial. (2008). “Understanding the Institutional Nature of Issues Threatening the Sustainability of Irrigation Systems in Pakistan: Discussion and Field Scale Evidences: Presented at Lahore and published at New-Delhi-India by International Commission on irrigation & Drainage (ICID) 20th Congress held at Lahore-Pakistan during October 13-18 2008. pp: 217-225 New-Delhi, India. pp: 244-250 (Q. 55.1, R.55. 1.01.).www: htt://www.icid.org.
- Irfan Ali, M. Z. Ikram, A.R. Tariq, M.S. Pomee and A. Wahab. (2008). “Design Criteria and drainage efficiency of On-Farm Drainage Systems”. Presented at Lahore and published at New-Delhi-India by International Commission on Irrigation & Drainage (ICID) 20th Congress held at Lahore-Pakistan during October 13-18 2008. pp: 217-225 New-Delhi, India. (Q. 55.1, R.55. 1.10.). www: htt://www.icid.org.
- Latif M. and Pomee M.S. (2002). “Impacts of Farmers Managed Irrigation System under Drought Conditions”. In: Proceedings of the National Symposium on Drought And Water Resources In Pakistan (pp: 51-58). Centre of Excellence in Water Resources Engineering, Lahore, Pakistan.
- Latif M. and Pomee M.S. (2002). “Irrigation Management Turnover: An Option For Improved Utilization of Limited Water Resources In Pakistan”. a research paper published by Wiley InterScience in Journal of Irrigation and Drainage Vol. 52 pp: 261-272(ICID), England.
- Latif M. and Pomee M.S. (2003).” Impacts of Intuitional Reforms on Irrigated Agriculture in Pakistan”. Journal of Irrigation and Drainage Systems Vol. 17, pp: 195-212, Netherlands.
- M. S Pomee, M. Azam Khan, M. Zaheer-Ul-Ikram, Irfan Ali and Abdul Wahab. (2005). Guidelines for Field Calibration of Irrigation Outlets commonly used in Indus Basin Irrigation System. A research publication in Pakistan Journal of Water Resources, Pakistan Council of Research in Water Resources(PCRWR), Islamabad, No.1, Vol.9 , pp:9-16.
- M. S. Pomee, M. Azam Khan, M. Zaheer-Ul-Ikram, Irfan Ali and Abdul Wahab. (2005). “ Drought Mitigation Measures: An Overview under Pakistan’ S Perspective”. A research publication in Pakistan Journal of Water Resources, Pakistan Council of Research in Water Resources (PCRWR)-Islamabad, No.2, Vol. 9, pp: 21-42.
C. Project Developed/ Implemented
- Pomee, M.S. (2014). Integrated Up Scaling of Food Security Model using Harvested Waters through Solar Powered Efficient Irrigation. A Nationally coordinated R&D Project developed and approved with estimated cost of PRs. 50 Million from USDA funded ALP Program of PARC.
- Pomee, M.S. and A.G. Soomro (2013). “Demonstration of Innovative Practices to Improve Rural Livelihood Through Integrated Resources Management under Watershed Conditions of Potohar Region. A R&D project of worth PRS. 21 Million has been developed and funding won fro RADA-GOP for its execution.
- Pomee M.S. & Muhammad Yasin (2012). “Watershed Rehabilitation and Irrigation Improvements for Rural Livelihood Improvements in Pakistan. A USDA/ICARDA-Pakistan funded research cum demonstration project with total worth of about PRS. 33.95 Million was developed and its execution is underway at selected locations.
- Pomee M.S. (2010). “Management of Rawal Watershed under changing Landuse”. An ALP funded project was developed and approved for funding. The cost of Project is PRS. 22.7226 Million. I am project incharge for its execution.
- Pomee (M.S.) & Rash Khan (2010). “Production and Propagation of Deciduous Fruit Plants (Component II) at Satrameel Watershed Islamabad. This project has total cost of PRS. 7.610 Million. I am project incharge for its execution.
- Pomee M.S. (2008). Strameel Watershed Rehabilitation Program. A Non Developmental funding project of PARC with a cost of over 0.89 million for first two years and likely to be extended for more time and funding. I am project incharge for its execution.
- Pomee M.S.& Zahid Hussain (2005).” Research and Development Initiatives For On-Farm Management in Lower Chanab Canal East (LCC,E)Command Area. A Five Year Duration Research Project costing PRS. 75 Million .The Project has been approved as a component mega project of Punjab irrigation department from ECNEC and is now being executed in selected LCC (E) Command Areas since 2006. Japan Bank of International Cooperation (JBIC) provided the funded.